self build mini tracked chipper

joe westrup

hi all, a while ago I saw a video on youtube of a chap who had bolted an old entec truck loader chipper onto a tracked power barrow base unit. seemed like a rearly good idea to me and after thinking about it have decided to give it a go. before you say I know its only a 4 inch gravity fed but it would only be used for narrow access ect. I have a road tow 6 inch and pto 10 inch to cover everything else :) anyway does anyone have or know of a old truckloader for sale?? thoughts welcome thanks in advance :001_smile:

hi all, a while ago I saw a video on youtube of a chap who had bolted an old entec truck loader chipper onto a tracked power barrow base unit. seemed like a rearly good idea to me and after thinking about it have decided to give it a go. before you say I know its only a 4 inch gravity fed but it would only be used for narrow access ect. I have a road tow 6 inch and pto 10 inch to cover everything else :) anyway does anyone have or know of a old truckloader for sale?? thoughts welcome thanks in advance :001_smile:

That was probably mine!

The old Trukloder was a beastly little machine, very agressive feed with sharp blades,-to the point where you had to hold onto very frithy and leafy limbs to stop the chipper choking herself.

The mounting was really easy, the whole Entec unit is just bolted down with 4 bolts through a flat baseplate. The whole rig was a bit nose heavy and was best taken downhill backwards, it's possible to get the chipper a bit more central, but it means cutting away on the baseplate.

Before it was tracked, I had it bolted onto the bucket 'shelf' at the front of a mini digger trailer that was fitted with greedy boards, so I could chip and haul with the same 4x4.

I think you'll have to talk to the 'wee chipper club' to find out if there is anything of that size for sale... Good luck! :thumbup:

ahh hello good sir! fancy seeing you here well all I can say is I wish you still had it for sale as id snap it up!! seemed like a brilliant alternative to a "proper" tracked chipper that I cant rearly justify. yes i heard fairly good reports of the truckloader for its size, just have to try and find one any idea what price id be looking at for one? and also a half decent barrow? ahh rito Stephen ill have a look at your thread, tbh im a bit of a entec nut I just love them :P

I've never used the entech so can't comment on them.

The cs is an amazing little machine, we have carried it up and down stairs, through houses and hiabed it over walls.

It holds its on on big conifer aswell .

You know what you want, your budget now have the confidence to do it your way 😃

ahh hello good sir! fancy seeing you here well all I can say is I wish you still had it for sale as id snap it up!! seemed like a brilliant alternative to a "proper" tracked chipper that I cant rearly justify. yes i heard fairly good reports of the truckloader for its size, just have to try and find one any idea what price id be looking at for one? and also a half decent barrow? ahh rito Stephen ill have a look at your thread, tbh im a bit of a entec nut I just love them :P

There are 2 entecs on eBay at the minute ones buy it now at 3k the others currently bid to £1500