Rb44 powered logsplitter

Gray git

Getting more and more customers asking for some of the logs splitting and leaving on site so been thinking of getting a small splitter and making a mounting bracket to mount it on the winch bumper of the rb and run it off the winch hydraulic circuit to save borrowing a tractor and splitter or taking a 2nd/3rd vehicle with the awkwardly heavy thor splitter on it.

Anyone got any recommendations or ideas? Not expecting it too be a high production machine but of decent quality and fit safety stuff as staff will be using it.

1416782788424.jpg.3da0dc7aed468420d95eda4353afbf79.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back plumbed her into this old technorton splitter to see what sort of flow the pump put out and it was faster than the little valtra but need to bypass the blow out valve somehow as it cut in on real knotty stuff that the valtra would split easy but on strate grained stuff was fine.

1416783166811.jpg.7f482b4f103758b5ab0fda7bede27ac2.jpg

No bait box is completely standard unmodified but the contents can be a bit strange at times, including hot food flask of soop or porridge.

Just trying to make things easy and efficient, swinging an ax at the end of a day sharp looses it's emusmen.

No bait box is completely standard unmodified but the contents can be a bit strange at times, including hot food flask of soop or porridge.

Just trying to make things easy and efficient, swinging an ax at the end of a day sharp looses it's emusmen.

the little oxdale splitter would probably work quite well, ive got one that runs off my boxer loader and have always been very happy with it

I did similar with my land rover PTO. However what I did was put a new valve block on the feed from the pump before the winch that gave me scope for an additional single acting. circuit (all you need for a splitter, winch circuit will be double acting)I then had the main valve block relief valve set at what the engineer suggested. Then he put a cross line relief in the winch circuit so that still operated at the same pressure as it always did.

Its hard to explain in text but worked well and didn't cost a huge amount.

The blade is small but good, just need to be clued up about splitting like using a axe.

Light weight splitter as well.

Think about it..

Its more likely to split easier/better as you have more pressure on a smaller area but know what your getting at.

The pitfall is when your on stringy stuff as it wont cut thru so wide like a wider blade so you end up pulling more apart.

You certainly wont get a smaller blade stuck as much as a wider blade.