Log Bundler

briquette_seller

Akinda!

In that having tried 1.0m3 bundles (appropriate Dia at 1.0m long billets) that were too heavy for my crane and forby that too loose in the strapping.

I have now switched to 0.5m3 billet bundles, with 2 Polypropelene straps.

Much more "wieldly"

Still weigh 250kg wet and 160-175kg dry (in softwood/Confir)

So realistically need means of mechanically handling.

Though when dry they are "man-handelable" by 2 or rollable on the flat/up a slight incline by one.

Beauty is they stack very stable and reasonably high, therefore minimizing covering, and also the round bundles allow for good airflow.

And can mechanically put in under cover into a shed (and again will stack to form a vertical wall up to 3m high, between girders for instance, then and cut to the desired length at time of consumption or sale.

I have yet to fabricate a rack for the 3 pt linkage (or the forklift) to take 5 bundles, being 2 on top of 3 and = to 1.25 tonne wet, so worth transporting, i.e. from the area where they are processed from the round to the stack where they are seasoned and then into the shed.

Or directly through the cross cut saw and into a trailer.

A manyana:blushing: job

cheers

m

Edited by difflock

We have a Rebaud bundler and log splitter system and hated it from day one. We need to produce loads for the biomass, and it was not quick enough. So now up for sale.

We tried a muck grab at first, then pallet tines set narrow but then went for a round bale sqeezer which works really well.

• 3 weeks later...