How do you store kit in your truck?

pault

As the name suggests im just curious as to how you guys with pickups store all your saws, climbing kit, tools etc in the back. Im thinking about making some sort of a slide out tray with compartments for saws, climbing kit etc so that i dont have to climb in every time i need something from the back.

Any of you guys have anything like this? Im just fishing for ideas :thumbup:

Cheers in advance guys and gals.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the name suggests im just curious as to how you guys with pickups store all your saws, climbing kit, tools etc in the back. Im thinking about making some sort of a slide out tray with compartments for saws, climbing kit etc so that i dont have to climb in every time i need something from the back.

Any of you guys have anything like this? Im just fishing for ideas :thumbup:

Cheers in advance guys and gals.

If you work on your own as I do, you,d be surprised just how much kit (especially the expensive kit) you can get in the cab if you remove the passenger seat.

Have a look on these: 4x4 Pickup Accessories | Aluminium Boxes | N & J Aluminium Linings Ltd

They're not cheap but they seem to be quite good. I think there's been a thread on here before.

Cheaper way (probably) is to do it yourself - I've lined things myself before, gives you a lot of scope to set things up just the way you want it.

If you work on your own as I do, you,d be surprised just how much kit (especially the expensive kit) you can get in the cab if you remove the passenger seat.

i run a very old isuzu double cab 4X4 and have removed the rear seats completely including the seat belts. I get all my climbing kit, slings, lowering kits, strops, ratshit straps, insulated poles, fuel cans, saws, blower etc to fill the void and this leaves the butt empty for chip / logs etc. I do securely lock my saws in situ and 'hide them from view'. I am considering one of these to gimme peace of mind (assuming the rear passenger door will open just enuf to enable the tray to slide out far enuf to access the saws). I think i cud slide 4 saws into this van vault box.

Van Vault Slider Drawer System » Product

Have a look on these: 4x4 Pickup Accessories | Aluminium Boxes | N & J Aluminium Linings Ltd

They're not cheap but they seem to be quite good. I think there's been a thread on here before.

Cheaper way (probably) is to do it yourself - I've lined things myself before, gives you a lot of scope to set things up just the way you want it.

I have one of these and they build it to your specs. Mine cost roughly the same as an Ifor top with a solid tailgate.