Husky 562

Elmsdown Forestry

Finally did it and imported a 562 from our friends on the states. Came on 3/8th 20inch bar so thought maybe a little sluggish. How wrong I was it rips and I would say it has more power than uk spec. The pick up is quicker and smother. Time will tell if it's worth the mere £444 plus tax.

What sort of import taxes did you get stung for?

Finally did it and imported a 562 from our friends on the states. Came on 3/8th 20inch bar so thought maybe a little sluggish. How wrong I was it rips and I would say it has more power than uk spec. The pick up is quicker and smother. Time will tell if it's worth the mere £444 plus tax.

The engine and everything else that has to do with performance is exactly the same as in the 560xp.

All that is different is the bar mount (large), clutch cover, taller air filter & cover, and one part in the oiler (to cope with 28" bars) - and some extra weight.

A lot of people in the US would rather have the 560xp, but can't get it there, so they end up buying the Jonsered 2260 instead.

Edited by SawTroll

I know they're meant to run the same as the 560, but the 562 I had a go with definitely felt better too. All I can put it down to was it was cutting better on the 3/8ths with the 562 than the 560 was on .325?

The "gearing" of 3/8"x7 obviously fits the saw better than .325x7 does - but you may get a different result if you put an 8-pin on the 560xp - or you can just put a small spline 3/8"x7 rim on it - or convert it to standard (large) spline (like the 562 usually comes).

It may also be that the chain on your 562 is better than it was on the 560(s) you tried.

I've had 2 560 both converted to 3/8 and neither one cut like the 562. The Rev range is smoother and been buzzing off 24-30 inch beech stumps no problems. And yes I was using a 560 on a smaller 3/8 bar full chisel sharp chain and I'd did not cut as quick. As to the weight difference I didn't notice the extra.

Regards price A 560 on 18 .325 is 637 on fr Jones + the conversion kit of approx £20. Once import tax claimed back its £90 cheaper. If it lasts me a year I'm happy.