need some experience as a groundsman

Lumber_Jack

Morning, my names Jack hutsby I live in Derbyshire and I can't seem to get a job as a groundsman I'm fully qualified passed first time for my cs30 and 31 and I can drive I'm only 18 and I have my cs38 coming up soon does anyone have any work for me? I also have a full time job in a factory but I will happily work weekends if there are no chance of full time jobs

1. Register as self employed- you can do this in addition to your factory job no problem.

2. Visit every company in the area, telling them you are are self-employed, qualified, can drive- and will work weekends for £20 and a sandwich to gain experience.

3. Gain that experience every weekend for a few months. More importantly, gain contacts.

4. When you are sufficiently in demand at a high enough rate for enough days (incrementally increase your day rate as you learn) then quit your factory job and take it from there.

Worked for me.

Offer to work for what the employer thinks your worth for a few days. If you're a lazy toad, the employer won't pay you, but if you work hard and impress, a decent boss should pay you a fair amount. This way it's limited risk for a potential employer, and you may get a foot in the door!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hi Jack,

Give Robert Kennedy a call at Midland Tree Surgeons, based near burton on Trent - he maybe able to help. Good company to work for, been around a very long time and he used to be chairman of the Arboricultural Association.

Sent from my iPad protected by bombproof Lifeproof Case

Morning, my names Jack hutsby I live in Derbyshire and I can't seem to get a job as a groundsman I'm fully qualified passed first time for my cs30 and 31 and I can drive I'm only 18 and I have my cs38 coming up soon does anyone have any work for me? I also have a full time job in a factory but I will happily work weekends if there are no chance of full time jobs

Where abouts in derbyshire are you based?

Where abouts in derbyshire are you based?

I live in marlpool which is next to heanor but I am willing to work any hours and drive anywhere

Try ringing local tree surgeons say you will work for a low groundie wage .but I'm noticing more and more tree surgeon vans round derbyshire getting stupid now I'm gardner and I can't imagine what it's like supply and demand for tree surgeons round here.