Arb approved

Fungi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi we are looking at going for arb approved contractor just wanted to know how hard it was and what kind of things you need to know?

If anyone could help that would be great thanks

The industries best kept secret it would appear (haha)...c'mon guys give some feedback here as it wouldn't be helpful for me to do so.

BUT it's not hard, you probably don't need to know too much more than you do already...AND we'll help you where it's needed.

Do try to get to the workshops to get a better insight and more understanding of the requirements.

Next one is Leic. on 7th May and then 'zig-zagging' on down country, west east.

Cheers...n hope you're now inundated:thumbup:

Call me, or 'pm' me if you want more from me.

Paul

Hi Fungi

I run a AAAC and if you're already 'playing by the rules' i.e. adhering to H&S issues etc then it wouldn't be difficult to achieve; as Paul said.

I prepared all my policies etc in house and didn't out-source them to another company; that was hard graft but if you're willing to put the hours in it is well worth it.

Definitely go on the AA workshop for the AAAC and risk assessment, I found this help tremendously.

Hope it helps and good luck

Andrew

Hi Fungi

I run a AAAC and if you're already 'playing by the rules' i.e. adhering to H&S issues etc then it wouldn't be difficult to achieve; as Paul said.

I prepared all my policies etc in house and didn't out-source them to another company; that was hard graft but if you're willing to put the hours in it is well worth it.

Definitely go on the AA workshop for the AAAC and risk assessment, I found this help tremendously.

Hope it helps and good luck

Andrew

Thank you Andrew and hopefully some of the many recent 'new' approvals will now follow on to mention their experiences.

Much appreciated :thumbup1:

Paul

We recently passed, you could do it on your own but will need to put some serious office time in! Deffo go to one of Pauls Pre assessment days if your not sure what is involved. They do want some stuff that you probably have never even thought about....

We had an arb specific consultant in, I wanted someone to help push us onto the next level as like most arbs I have no business training.. Initially I wasn't that bothered with AAAC but his approach was to prepare us for AAAC status (and beyond ISO9001 etc..).. We also did pauls pre assessment day and so were pretty well prepared..

Get hold of the 22 page (for less then 5 employees) AAA standard and if you can fulfill the long list of requirements it's a breeze. I guess you can get it from the web site.

it really isn't hard, the standards are really what Arb businesses should be doing anyway,

that said ,

the cost of compliance to regulations can make getting to full compliance a long road, as everything in Arb is stupidly expensive.

if you cant fully meet all the standards on first attempt there is i believe options to defer and improve on any weaknesses that you are still progressing,

AA isn't what it was , its becoming much more inclusive and helpful to those seeking to improve their business standing and accreditations help you apply the ronseal test.

i.e. I know I do it, but can I prove we do it > ??

if you apply that simple ethos you cant go far wrong.

Paul is approachable , for a lancastrian ! PM him or email

give it a go & attend the workshop, its free

Iain

Edited by Yorkshireman

it really isn't hard, the standards are really what Arb businesses should be doing anyway,

that said ,

the cost of compliance to regulations can make getting to full compliance a long road, as everything in Arb is stupidly expensive.

if you cant fully meet all the standards on first attempt there is i believe options to defer and improve on any weaknesses that you are still progressing,

AA isn't what it was , its becoming much more inclusive and helpful to those seeking to improve their business standing and accreditations help you apply the ronseal test.

i.e. I know I do it, but can I prove we do it > ??

if you apply that simple ethos you cant go far wrong.

Paul is approachable , for a lancastrian ! PM him or email

give it a go & attend the workshop, its free

Iain

But don't take the mickey out of his hair, as he gets upset.:lol: