Hens teeth wanted

I'm after a MS200 rear handle. I have been using my Ms150 and could do with just a little more grunt when using it at low revs so think the 200 is worth a go but strewth dont they hold their price! that is if you can find one!

Anyone got one they want to sell at a reasonable price inc delivery?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking a big chance buying from Ebay. I asked for details and the reply was "Hi there , the saw has not been started in a year , it had not seized , but ran poorly , hope this helps" so fingers crossed it's a fuel issue but it could be anything. I have sent a message to Rob D for advice on Chain and bar. I guess 10" dime of some sort but I know nothing at all about carving bars.

Still on the look out for the politician but rather than hens teeth more like rocking horse sheet.

Sounds like a carb or fuel issue a new (genuine stihl) carb is about £80 give or take but get fuel pipes done as well as they can get minuscule pricks and draw air. I'd go for a 12" with a dime and a new sprocket but that's me!

Hope this helps pal

Rhino

Sent using Rhinos Arbtalk Mobile App

Siezed means one thing to some and something else to others. To me its either locked up solid or lean seized. To others its just locked up solid. Ive bought many saws that are "not seized" then on inspection they are lean seized.

Thanks chaps, it was me that asked him if it were seized etc and he just answered my questions. I should have my mits on it by Wednesday so will be able to say more then. I think 1st thing to do it have the plug out and feel how it turns over, remove exhaust and see what the piston looks like. If it's anything like my MS260 I also got from Ebay as running it's boogered! That did run and revved like a goodun even though the piston was hitting the top of the pot which bent the piston and nipped up the top ring! Boer was ok so a new OEM piston and ring and it's superb. fingers crossed that's worst case scenario with the 200.

ref 12" rather than 10" carving bar........ is that purely for reach? I have only used my 150 with a 10" standard bar so far and have been able to reach most things I want. Is there a great deal of difference in control between 10 and 12"?

i run 10 inch for my detailing saw but its only an MS180 so i feel thats long enough. never tried a 12 inch dime, i can see the extra reach could be useful at times but maybe you scrifice a bit of control for the extra reach

Not much in it really, have a 10" and 12" dime tip both on 192's, a little more control with the 10"

A little more reach on the 12"- to state the obvious. I think I find the 10" more usefull of the two.

Horses fer courses

I have 10" dime tip canon carver bar you'll need to change the sprocket so it will run 1/4 pitch and oil pump drive it comes as a kit I'm sure rob d will sort you out.

As for the saw if it hasn't been run for a year sounds a little suspect but 1st things I'd do are a couple of pulls to get a feel for the compression if good fresh fuel clean air filter reset the carb tuning screws to default and replace plug. Let us know how you get on.