on ebay now

firewood

they're good kit but crack between the gullets on the blades, the pulleys are too small for the blade gauges with wide 3-4 inch bands, if they were as good as they promised they'd be everywhere, we borrowed one for a weekend and planked some ash and oak, cut about 150 cube in two days between two of us, but sadly cost around 400 in blades, 5 blades cracked up) it would mabe be the thing to look at with larger pulleys in a rebuild???

Hadn't thought of that, though I did think that the pulleys were a little small looking at the pictures.

Had a good look at a 3 phase Tom Sawyer the other day and was quite impressed by it. Serious money to install properly though.

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

Got it up and running this morning ,

but never realised its a 2 man saw ,i managed a couple of small logs myself but i think it would be ideal for mounting in a wheeled carriage as lumbermate sawmills ,i can see the attachment points (can see it in my head ).

Couple of leaks need sorting and then its available for hire in southern Scotland and northern England,,,

I have not used this one as much as I should’ve but only problems have been trying to use blunt blades for to long and with metal in the wood, cured with metal detector, good luck with yours and enjoy the ‘discovery’ with lifting each new slab off:thumbup1:

59765b5a11961_mobilesawmilling.JPG.457c47801c6bb51b4c320dad02fa4110.JPG

Hello arbwork,,,

i cant wait to get sawing some big logs like that oak ,, ive got a few big elms and spalted beech to do,and ive got work to do at a softwood sawmill cutting hardwoods that there sawmill cant handle ,

been using 3120 husky with 60 inch bar for big tree slabing and lumbermate for smaller stuff,,hoping the trekka will be alot quicker (once set up),,

a couple of questions ,,, what oil pressure does your saw run at ???? the gauge isnt working on mine (i will get it sorted ),,

ive looked for grease points and can only see nipples on the roller guides , doyou know of any more ???,,,, i will get in touch with autotrek but ive heard there not to help full for people like me who have got saws else where,,i could be wrong saying that but its what ive heard a couple of time from people,,

i here what you say about metal,, my old blades used to cost about £25,not alot compred to tipped blades at 125 and over ,,, i lifted a burry ash log on mill ready to mill when i get time ,then noticed lump of wire sticking out of side,, i remember felling it and hope that theres only the one piece as its about 3 1/2 foot up ,, ill be using that blunt blade till the log is finnished

graham

From the operations manual: -

Max pressure 155bar 2250 psi

Flow rate operating 84.6 lt min 18.6 gals min

Tank capacity 137 ltrs

Fluid shell tellus 37 or similar

Filter 20 microns

Suction strainer 125 microns

Grease points ? I’ve not bee there recently but there is mention I n the book of each band wheel bearing needing 3 monthly greasing! Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

A few pic's of sawmill now that its goin a bit better,,

I got dun over buying this as ive had to replace the main hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps on engine pack ,, probs cost 2k replacing these and changing pipe so new stuff fitted ,, plus extra money getting a bigger oil tank due to oil heating which turned out to be main hyd motor ,, and thats before adding the bits i wanted,,

Log on saw is approx 120 cm at widest part ,, short log due to weight , tractor picked it up but i couldnt steer it due to back wheels coming off ground ,,

I have been lucky with cracked gullets till this log ,, it was newly made and tipped blade, im not sure if it has just been a bad blade,,

DSC00726.JPG.330a4a75b586a3522978cd6f0dfe8862.JPG

DSC00722.JPG.3e561fd64e2718d4db6c593455a833a4.JPG

DSC00720.JPG.bd23853c164d489f8c94f8a51f81aadf.JPG