Any logs for sale (cherry)

astra25

Hi I'm on the lookout for any cherry mainly or anything that's worthwhile milling.

Iv nearly finished making my small bandsaw mill and Been trying it out but now after more wood. It's only for personal use making small projects etc and I want to get into making my own furniture/cabinets eventually.

I often lookout on ebay, gumtree etc iv had a couple off there but there's not much alately, should I be looking anywhere else?

I can process anything from 8" to 20" diameter and any length but not worth milling anything less 1 1/2 foot but not after massive lengths.

I'm located in chesterfield and don't mind travelling all the surrounding areas if you could bare me in mind it would be much appreciated. Thankyou for reading, wayne.

Edited by astra25

Funny enough I have just dealt with wind blowen cherry tree

16 inch in diameter. Tree was leaning against other three trees but roots were still in ground and it was alive.

I have cut 5 cylinders to make four stools and coffe table.

I still have two ther learners which need sorting.

IMG_8717.jpg.963e79b4bd6fd61a4525c0be72e8ea29.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Anything local worth milling anyone?

Hi

I suggest you look up tree surgeons in your local yellow pages. Offer some beer money and say you'll collect from their yard or actual job site.

Asking on here you may get lucky but it's a national and international forum and the wood will probably be miles from you!

Cheers