Chinese bandmills- any of these look familiar?

wills-mill

To be fair they don't look any worse than this British made mill:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222008522705

To be fair looking like something and performing the same are two different things.

The Chinese can as we know make top class stuff, in general they mostly make mass cheap sh1te as thats what consumers like.

Ive seen someone say an aldi £2 hand saw was good, the internet is full of liars :laugh1:

Look at the paint job on the British made mill in the link I posted, it's appalling, it's almost translucent. The yellow one in his other items is even worse.

If that's the best he has to use for his advertising I'd hate to see a 'Friday afternoon produced one'.

The welding looks basic at best and I very much doubt that that it's CE marked.

No guards on the lifting mechanism and the track looks flimsy to say the least.

I have a Woodlands mill, Chinese made and it's streets ahead of the British built 'Dack' in quality of finish and design.

Edited by Wendelspanswick

Its amazes me how much these band saws sell for, a mate of mine makes automated tracked welding equipment for a living, i'm really tempted to ask him to make a mill for me, as far as I can see its just a basic bandsaw mounted horizontallyin a height adjustable frame, belt driven from a basic petrol engine, on a suitably heavy duty rail system. Like anything it can be as fancy or as basic as you like! And yes I have seen plenty of mills up close and the fundamentals are that simple.