chainsaw mill remote throttle

CallumA

This has probably been asked before. I'm in the middle of making a chainsaw mill for making a few large beams for a shed and I'll need a remote throttle to work the saw when I'm winching the carriage through the log. Hope that makes sense! Any pictures or part # would be good.

Cheers

I have been chainsaw milling for about 18 years now and have still got to come up with a suitable system. The Norwood Portamill has a good system and I emailed them earlier on in the year asking if they would sell me it separately. No chance. I have thought of going through the local Norwood dealer who is based in Abbey St Bathans in the Borders but haven't got around to it yet. I have been using my 066 for a while and now have a 088 which I think it would be ideal for. The is a sticky thread on Arborsite.com in the milling sub section which has photographs of BobL's set up which is a remote throttle and it seems to work quite well. I don't have the range of machinery that he has access to, so his set up is pretty good. I prefer the Norwood version though because you can take it off and use on another saw quite easily. By the way I am based in Glenrothes and often up your way as my daughter is at Robert Gordon's Uni and my wife's family are from Portlethen so we could maybe meet up one day and swap notes.

Mike

• 1 month later...