Chinese milling.

Lazurus

Ok no laughing:blushing:

Set up and used the Chinese saw and mill today. Not bad results for a sub £150 set which includes both saw and mill. I did go mad and pay an extra tenner for the Oregon bar and chain.

Both worked well and even with the standard chain the finish was not too shabby.

A big thanks to Steve (Shendy) for spending a few hours last weekend showing me the ropes. Got a pile of logs I can now mill into bowl blanks, oh yes on shorter logs an old length of laminate flooring makes a great stabbing rail......

Milling on a budget. :thumbup::thumbup:

image.jpg.49fb4cf7ee7700a174876286622b5d54.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its great fun and very addictive once you get into it. Being doing it since 2001 and milled up piles of logs. Better exercise than posing in a gym as well and you have something better than bigger biceps to show for your time.

Keep an eye open for the postie tomorrow btw

Mike

I'd be interested in one too, what cc is the saw and what bar lengths are available? I was looking for an older stihl or husky around 100cc to do some hobby milling, but even old saws are fetching stupid money, was bidding on a 395xp on ebay there but gave up when I was out bid at £322 on a saw that hasn't been run for a few years, has no bar or chain, and five days still to go until auction ends.

Both were from Fleabay the mill via Rob D..... The saw is a Timberpro 62cc with 20" bar. As I said I paid the extra pennies for a decent bar and chain. My only fault with the saw is that on its side you only seem to be able to use 1/2 of the fuel capacity, it may be the pick up needs adjusting and it is quite thirsty.

Can't fault the mill does what it says on the tin, castings are not the best but actually finished very well. Would like a longer saw and bigger mill eventually but for a cheaply Chinese copy, this'll do for now.

Made its money today, but as said its hard graft for a desk jockey, hats off to the guys who do this for a living, also proper PPE trousers are hot!!! Nappy rash at 51 is no joke.