entec chipper bearings

dig-dug-dan

20160324_162046_zpsgbzgiw8c.jpghttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff108/dig-dug-dan/Mobile%20Uploads/20160324_162046_zpsgbzgiw8c.jpg

Have started the job of replacing the bearings on an entec 30 chippit I have required cheaply.

problem is, I have got so far, but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the flywheel off, or the pulley off from the engine side.

the pulley on the engine side had three grub screws holding an inner part on the shaft to the pulley, but I still cannot shift it. Any ideas?

Edited by dig-dug-dan

Are the grub screws allen bolt type? and are there other holes with no screws in? It sounds like the pulley is a taper lock type, remove the screws and then screw back into one of the other holes and this should loosen the inner and outer of the pulley and then slide it off the shaft.

When you put the screw back in to extract the taper once you get a bit of tension on it, some times you need to give a light tap to the outer part of the pulley, be careful not to hit the extreme outer edge where the belts go, as that can easily crack and bits break off.

When you put the screw back in to extract the taper once you get a bit of tension on it, some times you need to give a light tap to the outer part of the pulley, be careful not to hit the extreme outer edge where the belts go, as that can easily crack and bits break off.

Thanks. I am guessing you are well experienced in this.

I noticed that there is already a slight nick in the pulley, no metal missing, and I have banged it back, I am guessing its been like it for a while without issue. The whole thing has not been looked after, and I reckon on spending around 1400 on spares alone to bring it up to spec

Thanks for the help. I managed to free the pulley, although the inner was broken, so will need to replace.

one puzzling thing, everyone mentions the flywheel having three bearings, two the same size, one larger, yet as you can see, mine appears to have just two. Is this what they b ad on the chippit models before the became entec? I can match them up at a local supplier so thats mot an issue, its just if they have changed the spec, do I need to up rate it?

20160326_134637_zpsoyrn5gj4.jpg

Thanks for the help. I managed to free the pulley, although the inner was broken, so will need to replace.

one puzzling thing, everyone mentions the flywheel having three bearings, two the same size, one larger, yet as you can see, mine appears to have just two. Is this what they b ad on the chippit models before the became entec? I can match them up at a local supplier so thats mot an issue, its just if they have changed the spec, do I need to up rate it?

The centre is still usable even if its Broken into two halves, its not uncommon and IME does affect its usability.

The centre is still usable even if its Broken into two halves, its not uncommon and IME does affect its usability.

You mean the bit that clamps to the flywheel? If it will work in two halfs, then result. I wont order another

Edited by dig-dug-dan