Roller jamming issues...

Ty Korrigan

On our new G.M 190

This machine is NOT as powerfull as the machine we had on test for 2 days/6hours work.

The rollers just stop turning and jam often on very small branches, once on nothing more than a handfull of thin fruit tree twigs.

Much of this I have on video which I have showed the dealer and mechanic.

To their credit they had the machine in, changed the hydro oil, adjusted the springs and ran a trailer of brash through it with no problems.

We took back the machine and used it Friday for the first time since and hey presto...

I filmed several of the jams, small branches with one managing to stop both rollers multiple times before I just gave up.

No large pegs, no odd sized material, just regular stuff a CS100 could swallow without even dropping revs let alone a 45hp 7.5" new machine.

The right hand roller often gets material wrapped around it and jams more often than the left.

If any-one is curious to see a video then please visit my personal FB page Here: https://www.facebook.com/stuart.lejardinieranglais

I'm baffled and clearly so is the dealer.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The machine we had on demo had a similar tendency to not want to pull stuff in to the point we battled to get a bit of conifer in to no avail so started the quadchip and just fed it in much to the surprise of the rep.

Not nearly as bad as your machine sounds but I was sadly very disappointed with its ability to pull stuff in aa was really expecting good thing after the truly awesome little quadchip.

Keep us posted how you get on...

The machine we had on demo had a similar tendency to not want to pull stuff in to the point we battled to get a bit of conifer in to no avail so started the quadchip and just fed it in much to the surprise of the rep.

Not nearly as bad as your machine sounds but I was sadly very disappointed with its ability to pull stuff in aa was really expecting good thing after the truly awesome little quadchip.

Keep us posted how you get on...

Nice to know we wasn't the only ones disappointed when we demoed it after owning a quadchip!

Spoke to Mac at G.M.

Sent him the videos.

Getting the machines hydro circuit pressure tested (Something the dealer should have done as we already requested)

Ty

You can hear it blowing off back to the tank in the video on your facebook. Hydraulic pressure relief is set wrong.

Poor pdi or quality checks at gm then.

I have thought recently about buying a gm, but who the dealers are really puts me off so i dont think i'll own one.

Once bitten twice shy ty, you didnt buy it from same firm did you ;)

It's not one from Lemon Plant, I might be a 'bit' of a fool at times but I'm not THAT stupid:glare:

Ty