Qualcast 35s carb

Richard 1234

Good luck with that one!

I have never been able to source the bowl seal for that carb, not saying its not available, but I personally have never found one. I manage nby robbing out dead carbs or making other seals fit by cutting to size and bonding with commercial grade superglue.

Many Tecumseh parts and Qualcast/Bosch/Atco parts are too.

The filter is easy, got them on the shelf.

Good luck with that one!

I have never been able to source the bowl seal for that carb, not saying its not available, but I personally have never found one. I manage nby robbing out dead carbs or making other seals fit by cutting to size and bonding with commercial grade superglue.

Many Tecumseh parts and Qualcast/Bosch/Atco parts are too.

The filter is easy, got them on the shelf.

Meant to say many of these parts are obsolete

I've cleaned the carb out and put the bowl seal back in place (it was not in position when I opened it don't know if it sprang off when I opened it?) the engine was hunting and then cutting out as soon as under load. The fuel line was withered also so I've changed that and done this clean.

It may work now but I'm not overly hopeful!

Would a walbrough carb fit? I might try and Nick one of another engine that I know I can get parts for(I have s couple of Hondas in the workshop)

Thanks both would I be better just trying to find a replacement do you think?

And if so what type can fit it?

Many thanks

There are a few listed on ebay , i would try for a repair kit before a China carb if you can , do you have the engine build numbers ? it will id the carb fitted

As Garden Kit pointed out a lot of spares are obsolete , but Euro tecumseh part numbers are not the same as USA a lot of spares are still around if you can xref to the US part numbers , it can be a pain but its an option ..

There are a few listed on ebay , i would try for a repair kit before a China carb if you can , do you have the engine build numbers ? it will id the carb fitted

As Garden Kit pointed out a lot of spares are obsolete , but Euro tecumseh part numbers are not the same as USA a lot of spares are still around if you can xref to the US part numbers , it can be a pain but its an option ..

I've found some numbers on the carb but I'm struggling to match them up as yet. I will pop down in the morning and try and find an engine number if no good. I think I will ring a dealer on Monday and see if they have any ideas!

Thanks