Is this part of my trailer?

pault

Ok so basically i bought a small trailer today for taking wood away from small jobs. I went to collect it and it comes in 2 boxes and the axle comes separately. Ill need to build it myself which i dont mind as it will be a bit of fun on a day off.

I came across this bit loose in the back of my truck which wasnt there before i collected the trailer. I can only think that it came out of one of the boxes as one had a bit of water damage and had a small hole in it. I thought it was originally one of the loose parts to be assembled. But i can figure out where it has come from to save my life! It looks like the small stud in it was attached to something plastic which has broken off. WHAT IS IT AND WHERE DID IT COME FROM!!!

Help me please, im going crazy! I dont want to start building it only to find that ill have to take it apart and bring it back and wait another 2 weeks for a new one. Any help would be awesome and much appreciated.

Cheers.

347242.jpg.ec50e9eaddbfd9408ab27833eb97a1db.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg.5a83a5fee2c345b874ac2dcdfedff606.jpg

Obviously an educated guess, but it might be something to keep the box rigid on the axle..

The mudguards are metal, The box actually tips. There a release pin at the front on the shaft. The pivot point where it tips is basically a big bolt. Iv had a look all over and looked at the manual. Still cant figure out where it comes from. :thumbdown:

That looks like a catch or retainer of some sort

If you were to turn the item through 91 degrees it would bolt neatly to a box profile

Didn't the wheelbarrow, I mean trailer come with instructons

I don't thing is part of your trailer, its made of thicker gauge than anything else

Edited by treequip

Haha! I think your right. I dont think its part of my trailer. I found this online. But in the instructions and every picture iv seen there is no sign of it. Its a Trailer Tipping Pin Assembly but the trailer i have has its own assembly.

erde-102-trailer-tip102-erde-tipping-pin-and-plate-535-p3.jpg.44d7054af1886c73c415de25bc35adc4.jpg