Waterproof Forestry boots THAT LAST?

cessna

So what "Forestry Worker" boots ,REALLY keep your feet warm and dry and "LAST" when working in the wet and mud that we are continuously having.

I am not climbing trees just on the ground in the mud like most of you I expect :thumbdown::thumbdown: Cheers

I don't climb either but have a pair of Meindl Airstreams, which just happen to be one of the most popular climbing boots.

I think they are great, warm, comfy, waterproof, and I'm always plodding around in some kind of squidgy mud plop.

cheers, steve

I destroyed air streams in about 9

Months & found them cold.

Wellies in the real mud & wet -

Pfanner air Tirol for the rest - no boots are waterproof or bombproof & a lot depends on there care

You got 9 months, I wish I'd managed that - only 6 for me before the sole started to fall off.

Had nearly 2 years from a set of arbtec fell hunters, they have just about had it now but still comfortable just the stitching is going.

Wellies in the real mud & wet -

Pfanner air Tirol for the rest - no boots are waterproof or bombproof & a lot depends on there care

Same here.

Just dropped my Tirrols off for re-soling and they are somewhere about 3 and a half years old now and worn nearly every day.

Waxed with the proper pfanner wax that you melt into them, they do keep the water out pretty well - at least as well as the lastpair of Haix Tibet Forest I had which are goretex lined.

The Tirrol's take a while to break in but it's worth it in the end.

If it's really wet or deep snow then out come the wellies - The old shape stihl ones are about the best of a bad bunch. I'd always said I'd never own another pair of chainsaw wellies fter the first go with them but got pointed towards the Stihl ones and they are actually bearable when the weather is cack.