farmi firewood processor hydraulic leak

Rob Stringer

hello all, my farmi wp30 firewood processor has recently started leaking hydraulic fluid from the connector between the motor for the conveyor and the plastic pipe that runs to it. I've replaced the connector with a new part but its still leaking. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and been able to fix it? Thanks, Rob S

hydraulic_leak1.jpg.2f290115a9380913ce7e957937bf000e.jpg

From the OP's picture, a leak off is leaking! Ordinarily, it shouldn't be under pressure - or at least, not enough pressure to cause concern. That style of "push fit fitting" is susceptible to damage and that may be all that is needed.

Had the same on mine, more often at the other end into the valve block.

Poor design on the manufacturers part,Farmi have changed the design now and do offer a replacement kit, for a heftyish price - which I thought was poor.

In an previous life I used "enots" compression fittings on nylon airpipe,which would be an improvement, just need to get round to sourcing some!

Gets expensive in oil if nothing else.