Greenmech 150 how do you grease roller bearing???

Davidmayo

I've got a greenmech 150/25 with the shredder on the side. I'm

Pretty sure I've found all the other grease points but how do you grease the top roller bearing. I can't even see the bearing.

It appears that the bearing should be under the dash panel, I've undone the dash and pulled it back but the bearing doesn't seem to be where I was expecting to see it?

Anyone got experience with this machine?

The Eco Combi with the shredder chute may have had a grease nipple on that big boss that the motor is mounted to. Their may not be one as we may have fitted sealed units on this model as well as the chippers in the same range. There is a nipple on the pivot for the top roller.

The Eco Combi with the shredder chute may have had a grease nipple on that big boss that the motor is mounted to. Their may not be one as we may have fitted sealed units on this model as well as the chippers in the same range. There is a nipple on the pivot for the top roller.

Hi Pete, what do you mean by motor? On the end of the shredder drum there is a bearing and then on the end of the shaft is the hydraulic pump. The hydraulic pump basically sticks out in front of where I would expect the bearing for the top feed roller to be?

Ahh, beg pardon, top roller means the infeed chute roller on the top, if you mean the main rotor bearings - both are flange bearings. One is visibly obvious by the pulleys and belts and the other is sandwiched between that alloy pump carrier and the back wall of the chip housing, at the far end of the rotor assembly. In theory, unless it has been "modified", it is visible at the top of the housing and level with the ally casing. Their may be another which is fitted as a labyrinth to protect the shaft.

Hi Pete I have same model. When I turn ignition key I get a clunk but no starter motor. If I trigger it with a piece of wire it turns over healthily. I changed the Lucas switch and things seemed ok. Left machine for a week and problem back but after I trigger it it will start the rest of the day from the switch. :confused1: I am thinking wiring loom fault or duff starter unless you know of a common gremlin. Sorry if it derails thread slightly but thought it might help others searching for faults on this machine. Apart from this little problem it's been a fab machine to us.

Hmmm, right Steve, early 150 Combi and chippers had a multi pin connector (or two) that were somewhere near to the axle that over time gathered muck which may cause an intermittency. The clunk is the solenoid which opens the fuel rack so that tells me that there may be a problem with the next turn of the key is start. Look at that circuit.....

Hmmm, right Steve, early 150 Combi and chippers had a multi pin connector (or two) that were somewhere near to the axle that over time gathered muck which may cause an intermittency. The clunk is the solenoid which opens the fuel rack so that tells me that there may be a problem with the next turn of the key is start. Look at that circuit.....

Thanks Pete I found the plugs behind the panel and they were not the best. Down below the engine they are probably worse. Will have a look never realised they were there :thumbup1: