550xp or Echo equivalent?

Old Mill Tree Care

Does anyone have an Echo saw that's the equivalent to the Husqvarna 550xp?

I can't figure out which Echo is the comparable model! There seems to three to choose from.

I have a 560xp so want a slightly smaller as well.

I'm not keen on any more Stihl or Husky because the carburettors are controlled remotely by a bad fairy that hates me.

Also, too many part are manufactured with left over toffee.

Thanks in advance

Al.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Al,

Yes, you are right. It would me CS-550.

I have the slightly larger 620sx and I am very pleased with it. Very powerful and seems really robust. I have also been running the new 360tes top-handle, and can therefore wholeheartedly recommend echo.

Thanks,

Bart

Try upping the gearing to 8t on a 550 13"

Al, the new 550s have had all the problems ironed out. If you use a good oil, good fuel, and generally aren't a pillock with saws the a Husky should see you well.

What is the saw going to be used for? If it's mainly a chipper saw just get a 181 or 211. If you need the grunt then get the 50cc husky or dolly.

Al, the new 550s have had all the problems ironed out. If you use a good oil, good fuel, and generally aren't a pillock with saws the a Husky should see you well.

Thanks Joe

I got a 560xp 17 months ago and that had 'all the quirks ironed out'. Ran well for two months and has never been the same since. Even had a new engine two months ago and it's still crap!

Same to be said of my t540xp.

Neither start well when they're cold.

Or warm.

Or hot.

WTF!!!

Thanks Joe

I got a 560xp 17 months ago and that had 'all the quirks ironed out'. Ran well for two months and has never been the same since. Even had a new engine two months ago and it's still crap!

Same to be said of my t540xp.

Neither start well when they're cold.

Or warm.

Or hot.

WTF!!!

You cant have two bad ones.

There is a knack to starting them, cold or hot. They are excellent saws.

Despite my 560 going in a pond at idle about 2 months ago it still makes excellent power and it will have had 250+ tanks since I bought it a year or so ago. I am waiting for it to die so I can buy another one. But she keeps going.