logging tape

Hi guys,

Need some help please, my logging tape was jammed so i pulled it all out when it promptly snapped where it screws into the reel!

At that point the spring decided to unjam and spin away, great.

I stripped it down and cleaned it up and i can just about reattach the tape to the reel.

How do I get it to work now? any ideas? (bin it and buy a new one?)

Thanks in advance.

Once tape connected to reel loosen (Don't undo them) all the side screws round the outside on the side with spring. Holding the outer case rotate the spring section the same direction as your tape winds in, this puts tension back into the spring. Don't overdo it and snap the spring or have the tape coming in too fast. You can always add bit more tension to spring after few trial runs

Hi guys,

Need some help please, my logging tape was jammed so i pulled it all out when it promptly snapped where it screws into the reel!

At that point the spring decided to unjam and spin away, great.

I stripped it down and cleaned it up and i can just about reattach the tape to the reel.

How do I get it to work now? any ideas? (bin it and buy a new one?)

Thanks in advance.

HI FIRE spencer 25mt ones are cheaper then the oregon ones thanks jon :thumbup:

Once tape connected to reel loosen (Don't undo them) all the side screws round the outside on the side with spring. Holding the outer case rotate the spring section the same direction as your tape winds in, this puts tension back into the spring. Don't overdo it and snap the spring or have the tape coming in too fast. You can always add bit more tension to spring after few trial runs

I'll give it a whirl (no pun intended!) tomorrow.

Thanks.

The inners work pretty much the same as re-tensioning the pull cord on a saw. Though it's a fiddly pain in the backside. If you're taking it apart you might as well just replace the tape and keep the old as an emergency spare. Simply because they do kink/snap so if you're going to the trouble of opening the case. You might as well bung in a new tape. Imo.