Opinions on the Duun VM420 firewood prossesor

ksl

I knew a guy who had one and he swore by it. He thought it was a very good machine.

He never had a bad word to say about the machine.

I run a Pilke 1x42, very similar machine, but he recommend the Duun would take a larger diameter stick, and easier, due to the generous shape of the guards.

Back up from the company he bought it from was pretty poor though, he used to say.

thanks for the replys so far we like the look of the duun machine but dont know if the 11ton splitter is up to the job as the bulk of our firewood is 50cm long maybe better off looking at a taifun or another hakki

Hi 11ton splitter not enough if you want to do 50 cm long logs.

Is the dun machine a blade or chain presumably wit the number 420 it will

cut 40 cm dia logs get one of those 50 cm long and knotty and split it 8 ways and I bet it will get well jammed.

My palax 100 has 18 ton and is about right I would say so I would say look for

a 16 to 20 ton splitter on a bigger processor.That is what puts me off the

posch 350 or 360 only 12 ton and have seen them stop on 30 cm logs with

6way.

Cheers Chris

thanks for the replys so far we like the look of the duun machine but dont know if the 11ton splitter is up to the job as the bulk of our firewood is 50cm long maybe better off looking at a taifun or another hakki

Hakki Pilke 1x50, looks the business.

30 tonne splitter.

Dunno the price, but iam guessing it will hurt.....

Sound advice keep it coming, looked at the posch machine also, But cannot afford a new one, plus they don"t cut much more than my small hakki pilki. Don"t think we would cut more firewood in a year but want to cut it in less time and easier. Will the Hakki pilki 42 cope well with 50cm long logs. Regards Ksl

We looked at all the processors before we bought the tajfun 420 it's the best of the bunch IMO unless you got 40 k to spend then it's bindenberger they are in a league of there own. Speak to Andy at Kilworth he will come and do a demo you will not be disappointed. It was the last machine I looked at & did the deal there and then

we looked at all the processors before we bought the tajfun 420 it's the best of the bunch imo unless you got 40 k to spend then it's bindenberger they are in a league of there own. Speak to andy at kilworth he will come and do a demo you will not be disappointed. It was the last machine i looked at & did the deal there and then

420???