Help needed to fix my first chipper

aiden

Hi all after years of hiring chippers and mashing down brash in trailers , i went and bought a greenmech cm180. On my way home after about 150 miles the wheel fell off on M5 ! Luckily the wheel got jammed under the hopper so no one got hurt.

1. Does anyone know if i can get the bar that pulls engine down to engage the drive belts ( connected to red lever) from breakers or do i need to buy new?

2. the metal bit that has the hydrolic oil filter is this a general bit i can buy anywhere ( if so whats the technical name for it) or is it a green mech bit?

3. is the axle made by greenmech for the chipper or can i buy a new axle. Or if i cut of suspension arms off and place new suspension units under the old axle, will the chipper being 3" higher be a probem ?

thanks

IMG_20141102_142236.jpg.88988d1ea8a4ac34c584404f43b1e1a0.jpg

IMG_20141102_142940.jpg.9101467498cd14e8ee7f6952804bcef0.jpg

IMG_20141102_141916.jpg.cea74cf293805af18e8db5b8a43050db.jpg

IMG_20141102_141843.jpg.5ab1c1c2c160b115cd50f6b56eaeba23.jpg

IMG_20141101_165521.jpg.2d0d2ddcf5114847ea2a1799da730d40.jpg

IMG_20141101_163346.jpg.86aa782b29e68cad4560d539f4f8af2a.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty bad luck. I would be having words with the seller to try get them to contribute towards the cost.

I know bugger all about greenmech but.

Looks like a standard UCC filter housing, and I would think it's a standard make axle and running gear, I would be surprised if they were making their own.

For the filter housing try flowfit, you may need to speak to their tech dept to cross reference it as I don't think they do UCC, but any hydraulic shop should be able to get it if not.

For the axle try get a name off it or if it's suspension units unbolt the good side and run it into your local indespension or trailer shop, or measure the mountings and work it out from there on indespensions website.

I've had a complete axle off trailertek.com before now and it was really good value. They need a few measurements from the old axle and will make a bolt on replacement.

I would think that you will be lucky to get the engine bar from anywhere other than GM - try them for a price, it might not be as bad as you are thinking. Otherwise go and see a local fabricators and price up having one made.

Hydraulics - as said try flowfit or Greenmech themselves.

Good luck, you've already had your fair share of bad!

Thanks for the replys, think the seller was honest as he told me he had changed the bearings on one wheel but said he hadnt done other side as they were ok. Scraggs cheers, i will call flowfit tomorrow to get filter housing . Have googled full axle beam suspension and going to take 2-4 weeks to get made so will have to call greenmech in the morning and see if they are any quicker. With such old machine was hoping to find second hand bits, but if new is the only way then going have to be, as need chipper

same thing happened to us friday night, wheel studs snapped of our greenmech 150, in the pouring rain, A road at busy time, not plesant. Apparently wheel studs on our model were smaller diameter spline than most so had to knock out broken studs, drill to larger size and fit stronger, more available studs. Back in action.