ms 362c problem

SteveT1989

Hey guys my 362c keeps stalling after I let off the throttle.

It doesn't every time but enough times for it to annoy me. Plus it doesn't like starting after it does stall.

Already taken it in to a stihl dealer and they couldn't find a problem. Plugged in the carb and it said it was ok as well. just came away feeling stupid and £10 worse off! He did replace the spark plug which didn't remedy it.

Any thoughts? Cheers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would simply readjust the carb and then try again, if it still plays up, the carb has an accelerator pump and would replace it and then readjust. I would b surprised if the arb still played up after that.

If the first tune didn't work, I would also replace the carb diaphragms gaskets and needle valve just to make sure.

Carb adjustment - get the saw on an even idle if possible - if it won't idle then adjust the idle screw until it does. If it still won't idle, put the screws back on factory setting and try again.

You may have limiters on the adjusters, personally I hate them as it stops you having full control of adjustment and the REAL FEEL of what the engine is doing.

Anyway - the L screw (nearest the engine) should be wound in slowly and a peak in revs will be reached just before the engine starts to die, wind the screw back out, past the peak and out around 1/4 turn until the engine note changes to a slightly uneven poppy idle.

Adjust the idle so it is fast enough to be even but not spin the chain.

Try that - if it is no better and you are confident on rebuilding the carb - give Rowena Motors a shout and they will do the carb kit I mentioned - be aware that the accelerator pump mod needs the throttle valve and shaft removing and this can be a tricky job for both the novice and experienced alike.

The accelerattor pump going symptoms are generally an uneven idle, often being fine and then picking up to a fast idle and then pop, the engine dies. Also bogging sometimeswhen revving off the idle - a damn anoying issue normally!

Hey guys my 362c keeps stalling after I let off the throttle.

It doesn't every time but enough times for it to annoy me. Plus it doesn't like starting after it does stall.

Already taken it in to a stihl dealer and they couldn't find a problem. Plugged in the carb and it said it was ok as well. just came away feeling stupid and £10 worse off! He did replace the spark plug which didn't remedy it.

Any thoughts? Cheers

Mines is exactly the same. All my dealer did was replace the plug. It's flooding itself too. I have no idea what's wrong with it. It's the m-tronic version spud.

Any thoughts? Cheers

I'd still supect the carb more than anything else - what exactly was "OK" with the carb, just the firmware/software or the carb itself?

When there are similar issues with the Husky 560 family AT saws, it seems the issue always is the carb itself, not the AT.

Edited by SawTroll

I'd still supect the carb more than anything else - what exactly was "OK" with the carb, just the firmware/software or the carb itself?

When there are similar issues with the Husky 560 family AT saws, it seems the issue always is the carb itself, not the AT.

Well that was the other problem I had, the technician I spoke to admitted to being quite green to the new saws, he has the kit to get diagnostics from the computer in the saw, but I got the impression he wasn't entirely clued up on it.

Me being me didn't want cause a fuss as he couldn't find a problem with it, as the issue I was describing to him didn't happen in front of him.

I think what he meant was, what the carb was telling him on the computer, that nothing was wrong. That was how specific he was as a reason to give to me.

Don't really know what to do with it, send it back in? insist they send it off to stihl? Only got one ground saw, can't really operate with it :(