Aftermarket engine for 361

Lumberwolf

If its not genuine Stihl, then best avoided. Crappy Chinese copies will only cost you more money, time & grief in the long run.

Whilst I wasn't buying c/saw engines, just about every other Chinese copy Stihl part I bought during Stihls ridiculous & infuriating no online sales policy, I ended up having to replace again within wks/mths! Remember, BUY CHEAP, BUY TWICE!

Stihl may have changed their policy now, but so have I. When your 361 dies, buy a Husqvarna. Thats what I've done, I replaced my dead 361 with a 560 XPG. The 361 was probably one of the best saws in its class at the time, but the Husky 560 is the mutts nuts!! :thumbup1:

Assuming you already have a 361, your best options for aftermarket cylinders are meteor, hyway and then huztl. The quality control isn't there, so it can be very hit and miss with that seller (huztl), I personally would only buy the non-cylinder parts, but you won't know until you buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Assuming you already have a 361, your best options for aftermarket cylinders are meteor, hyway and then huztl. The quality control isn't there, so it can be very hit and miss with that seller (huztl), I personally would only buy the non-cylinder parts, but you won't know until you buy one

I've got an m-tronic 362 now. Had it for a couple of months but it's back at the dealers already.... Got pretty annoying idling issues. I had my 361 for 5 years hard work in the woods before it died and I loved it, gutted they stopped making them. A couple guys at work had 560s and they were nothing but hassle. Bearings falling to bits, crank case split and twice the clutch sheared right off the shaft. 😨

I've got an m-tronic 362 now. Had it for a couple of months but it's back at the dealers already.... Got pretty annoying idling issues. I had my 361 for 5 years hard work in the woods before it died and I loved it, gutted they stopped making them. A couple guys at work had 560s and they were nothing but hassle. Bearings falling to bits, crank case split and twice the clutch sheared right off the shaft. 😨

My 560 hasn't, it's a demon! Haven't you still got the 361? I live by the rule that unless the machine is destroyed beyond repair then it's worth keeping until you can finance the repair (or just buy parts and do it yourself).

My 560 hasn't, it's a demon! Haven't you still got the 361? I live by the rule that unless the machine is destroyed beyond repair then it's worth keeping until you can finance the repair (or just buy parts and do it yourself).

I've still got my 361 it's lying in bits in the shed along with an old 440 as well. I believe it got had an air leak somewhere, it was racing on like a greyhound. Another baby due in a month so I can't really afford to buy all the stuff just now :(