Tools- T25 extra long bit for 1/4 impact driver

mikerecike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest what sort of 1/4" impact driver are you using?

Having only bought a Snap-on 1/2" impact drive a few years back (around £75+vat)

I had been slowly getting down the list of all the alternatives which never lasted to long with regular use.

Once used there was no looking back, just holding it you could tell the quality difference and the performance its never failed to loosen a rusty, over torqued or stubborn bolt, capped-head or countersunk bolt (YET!!)

Stick a step down adapter on it and any socket, allen socket or screwdrive tip and away you go.

I always use Snap-on sockets tips ect as they good quality stuff which you don't want it shattering when its getting the beans knocked out of it plus if you crack it, split it they replace it! Free of charge!

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/index.php?option=shop&page=shop.product_details&product_id=6829&l=uk&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&gclid=COOIwum6yr4CFc6WtAod9S0A7Q

Makita td010f.mains powered.

75 quid seems very cheap for snap on.still looking for extra long t25 that will fit.have only really used it for carpentry but want to work it into the workshop

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Arbtalk mobile app

I do seem to remember it being on a offer but then that would of only been about £10/20 off well worth the money

Snap-on do the long Torx probably worth the extra as the toque being twisted down the longer ones really tests some of the budget brands

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

What's wrong with the bits I posted FFS?

Is it for Stihl screws? Because as stated that's T27 not T25. If not, use your brain, go to the sellers shop and find the T25 bits there.

You don't want to start using 1/2" drive or air tools on T27 bits. That Makita you posted looks a good bit of kit and the torque specs are more than adequate.

Snap-on is overpriced wank, for tool whores :lol: I've never broken a Silverline socket yet, and they too have a lifetime warranty anyway. Neilsen are another good budget brand.

Draper, Sealey etc is all Chinese too, just rebranded and they charge like a wounded rhino.

Doobin who said they were using impact tools to undo Stihl or any other hand tool screws?

We were talking about impact tools with regards to long stem impact T25/T27 makes no difference in this case as if some sells the one they will also sell the other.

And as for wank snap-on tools!

Why buy Stihl or Husqvarna when Homelite and Ryobi are cheaper!

Snap-on tools are for professional mechanics who use them everyday which many don't appreciate why mechanics buy them because they aren't mechanics, the quality in the tools you use and rely on not to fail and let you down when you need them most is why everyone spends as much as they can afford to buy the best they can get in all trades

There are some good tools out there which aren't Snapon which will last you a life time ( I have some!) but these are likely to be tools you don't use often! On tools you use on a day to day basis the cheaper stuff doesn't even reach near the mark.

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

Nothing wrong with your recco doobin.appreciated and now ordered.i was unsure if using 'silver' bits was ok with impact tools.my impact sockets are all black but then with torx bits the use is different i guess.so thank you.any further thoughts on these bits welcome.cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Arbtalk mobile app

On tools you use on a day to day basis the cheaper stuff doesn't even reach near the mark.

Rubbish. A socket or spanner is a simple tool with no moving parts. So long as the steel and the tolerances are within spec then a £2.50 Silverline socket will do exactly the same job as the equivalent size Snap-On socket would for £12.50. Drawing comparisons with cheap chainsaws, full of moving and wearing parts, is a false dichotomy.

Snap-On is all marketing, sponsorship and finance for the poor suckers who fall for it.