Fixing glass to wood

Steve Bullman

Wouldn't be too surprised to find out its not fixed but just say on it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

I'd agree reckon its sat on little rubber dots/pads as if any dirt or grit got in between the two surfaces it would scratch and maybe even break the glass

1.rubber suction pads with stalks on them….. drill 3 holes for 3 stalks stick the stalks in dampen suction cups and place glass on top…. id guess craft shop a good place to start,

2get glass drilled and counter sunk…..screw down

3 epoxy resin? would look naff imo……!

A few spots of grippy stuff to stop the thing from sliding is probably what you'd be after. If you try and permanently fix it I think you'd need to build some sort of framework or is it possible to drill holes through the glass?

Yes it is.

Pretty sure the glass in the pic is just sat on the wood, the wood is cut perfectly flat though so the glass is evenly supported. Toughened glass obviously.

Glue would fix it permanently, but would be visible through the glass, you can drill glass with the correct bit but it will be more vulnerable to damage where it's been drilled, especially if you over tighten the fixings. Don't ask how I know that.......

You wouldn't be able to fix the glass down by drilling through it and using screws or bolts unless you had a good amount of play in the holes which would look rubbish. Movement in the timber would put too much stress on the glass and crack it.

Rubber pads is the best root to take, they hold well enough.

Edited by Stompy