One for the machine junkies

Rich2484

Saw this on youtube.

Can't believe the technology that out there. Are hand cutters really going to be a thing of the past? Is walking around with a saw going to be worth it?

Best part is I have been offered the chance of driving one of these. Got to say I jumped at the chance. Just got some forwarding to do before hand. :thumbup:

Thinking the workshop work will become a thing of the past for me aswell.

And yes I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat and just can't wait.

Are you saying that you didnt realise that there was such a thing as a tree harvester?

I've known for years. Being a machine junkie.

But it's the tech on this one that has me. The small arms at the top that allow the holding of up to three trees while safely grabbing and cutting another. Take a closer look.

Mm precision.

Most machines will only hold one and takes a bit of a knack to hold one while grabbing another.

They have been around for about 10 years fella. Mainly used on bunching heads for whole tree biomass but have more recently been introduced onto harvesting heads such as in the video. Clever stuff!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

there are a lot of plantations here in the SW of scotland that the good old mechanical harvester cant operate in, too steep, too swampy, too rough, there will always be jobs for fellers, well untill they invent a hovercraft harvesteror something...lol