Survey experience request

Adam M

Hi,

I current carry out tree safety surveys (and vet tree surveys too) for a district council. We are not quite starting from scratch, we have piles of paper data/maps etc but are looking to massively improve on this. I'm looking at getting into the tablet game. I would like to be able to map, record data and process job requests for contractors in one go, at the point of survey. Problem is that I have been told we cannot use Ezytreev; it must be something that can be used on an Android device at a push, or more likely something that is compatible with Microsoft (i.e. to use with the MS Surface tablet). We use ArcMap so would need to map to this.

What I would like from you guys is to perhaps go out with someone who uses a similar setup so I can get a feel for how it works out and about. I really want to get away from the paper maps/paper everything way and not have to duplicate everything I do. Would anyone be willing to take me out for a day? I can travel Dorset/Hants/W London/Berks/W.Sussex (I'm based out of Fleet).

If anyone surveys veteran trees in any detail then that would be massively helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Adam

Hi Adam,

we use Arbotrack at Hampstead

Arbortrack - Tree Management Software

Currently using a SamsungQ1 but possibly going over to a Motion J3600 but awaitng an opportunity to seee that in the field.

Also looking at other devices at the cheaper end of the spectrum such as windows/iPad type tablets.

I'm sure we could accomodate you on a day when we are out surveying.

If location suits, (NW London) send me an e-mail to discuss further

regards

David

• 5 months later...
Problem is that I have been told we cannot use Ezytreev; it must be something that can be used on an Android device at a push, or more likely something that is compatible with Microsoft (i.e. to use with the MS Surface tablet).

Ezytreev got their programme working on Android for Glasgow City Council 2 years ago. On Galaxy tablets.