CS100 belts

RobRainford

Thats happened quick! was only new the other week:thumbdown:

do you think somethings been rubbing it?

true..... but the belts will slip or the engine would stall due to the wood blocking the blades ;)

must have tried it a fair few times to do that to the belt though, before investigating properly

buy a fresh belt and keep as a spare till that goes :)

im surprised too, its an ex demo so the belts were used when i got it, chances are its had some good stress with people demoing it, its still easy to stress it though, get them squealing a couple of times a day, have to be really careful. dont let many others feed it!

I think ill go for two new belts, as one will run slack if i have a new one.

by the amount of rubber dust in the photo i would think the belt has been slipping/rubbing, for peace of mind allways have spare belts handy. i would trim off the white threads from the belt and maybe seal with a lighter.

im surprised too, its an ex demo so the belts were used when i got it, chances are its had some good stress with people demoing it, its still easy to stress it though, get them squealing a couple of times a day, have to be really careful. dont let many others feed it!

I think ill go for two new belts, as one will run slack if i have a new one.

Belts too slack maybe :confused1:

Always replace V belts as a matched set, whatever the machine. By the look of it Rob, yours has suffered either a slack belt or got burnt with something stopping the drum when you try to start it. Other than that - all okay?

Always replace V belts as a matched set, whatever the machine. By the look of it Rob, yours has suffered either a slack belt or got burnt with something stopping the drum when you try to start it. Other than that - all okay?

I would say slack belt. It did block today briefly trying to start up with bits still stuck in which I didn't realise were there! Probably rubbed them a bit. I would have replaced the pair anyway because they are both like that. Everything else is hunky dory. When I took them off and tightened them myself the other day it seemed to run better.

Belts too slack maybe :confused1:

They squeal less easily now that I had them off and on to swap blades over. I think they've rubbed too much since I got it. The belts seem to be Abnormally worn. Another piece like that came out. But more severe and easier. Theres a place near me I'll bob over to and get some new belts this week.