MS362 cutting out mid cut

Matthew Arnold

We have a year old MS362 that for some reason cuts out midcut through logs. We thought it was the air filter so blasted it with the compressor so it was back to factory spec. We re-adjusted the fuel mix as it was running lean and therefore the chain was creeping. It cut out again soon after. The spark plug is ok (golden brown) and the fuel filter isnt gunked up. Any ideas?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are crap is my best idea. I have one which i have only had a few months and TBH i hate it. Gutless compared to the 361 it replaced and acts very strangely on startup.

Thats wot ours does. Even tho we start it on choke and then half choke as soon as you give it full throttle it dies and it takes a while for it to warm up. On a different note one of our MS341 (same age as 362) floods so quickly on start up. If one of my colleagues cant get it going he just gives it to me to get it running. I have a good nack for getting flooded kit running again.

It is annoying when you fire it up and you think "right its ready to go" and before even make the first cut it dies.

Must be a common problem with the MS362 as ours suffer from the exact same thing.

I have two of them, no probs with either, I hope I'm not going to get any.... these saws replaced my 357 which often had carb trouble....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Must be a common problem with the MS362 as ours suffer from the exact same thing.

JC - Must have been just a bad batch of carbs.:001_rolleyes:

Tom D - You must have had the fresh newer batch of carbs.:thumbup: