What Chain Oil??

Parker

I have just come to the bottom of my container of chain oil and am thinking about using the Stihl BioPlus chain oil but is it.....

- Worth the extra cost (£63.20 compared with £39.63) ?

- Does it last as long as normal chain oil?

- Worth it if I'm just doing private work with occasional work on Nature Reserves (some are SSSI)?

How many people use it ? What reasons do you use it for?

Cheers for the help :thumbup1:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just come to the bottom of my container of chain oil and am thinking about using the Stihl BioPlus chain oil but is it.....

- Worth the extra cost (£63.20 compared with £39.63) ?

- Does it last as long as normal chain oil?

- Worth it if I'm just doing private work with occasional work on Nature Reserves (some are SSSI)?

How many people use it ? What reasons do you use it for?

Cheers for the help :thumbup1:

go on clarks site they have bio oil @ a very good price v:thumbup:

p/s & its 25ltr drum so 5ltr more:thumbup1:

I tried the bio oil for a month got 5lt of it Not much change really.. I did get a job where it was working next to a wildlife part of the woods and i said we use bio oils in the saws and that got me the job in the end.. I always have 5lt on stand by now just in case But to be honest its not really worth it unless your a eco person and for the price extra £30 ish quid save your self the money

I've always used bio chain oil. I've tried but synth and semi synth but i always come back to bio. Its much nicer to use than the other two and it always leaves the insides of the saw cleaner.

I've tried cooking oils but they tend to leave the chain sticky. STIHL Bioplus is very expensive one of the reasons i tried cooking oil. I got myself a 10litre bottle of Clakes own chainsaw oil. Its very good. I'll be getting more when i'm out.

I tried the bio oil for a month got 5lt of it Not much change really.. I did get a job where it was working next to a wildlife part of the woods and i said we use bio oils in the saws and that got me the job in the end.. I always have 5lt on stand by now just in case But to be honest its not really worth it unless your a eco person and for the price extra £30 ish quid save your self the money

here you go

clarks bio oil £40.54 25ltr

stihl bio £74.26 20ltr

stihl oil £46.57 normal 20 ltr

all incl vat:001_smile: