Gearbox oil

eggsarascal

I need to change the oil in a reduction gearbox on a pressure washer I've just serviced the pump on. I've had a look on line and the manual says use SA90 non foaming oil, well, I can't find it. Is this oil known by any other name/number?

Ta.

Ash sorry, I thought u meant in the actual pump head where the swash plate rattles about. I got that from the non foaming bit. If it's a gearbox, then gear oil it is, but the non foaming bit is curious as I've not really ever seen non foaming gear oil ever specified...

Off to do some reading...

Hmm, seems SAE90 gear oil is non foaming as standard. Does it say GL-4 or GL-5?

No mention of GL-4 or GL-5.

In order from the manual:

Pump crankcase SAE 20 (non foaming).

Pump G/box SAE 90 (non foaming).

Engine SAE 10w30.

I worked on 10,000 psi stuff in 1998. I was sent on a course for steam cleaners and from what I remember the difference between ep 90 and cat pump oil is. Cat pump oil has inhibitors in it to protect the pump from corrosion and stop it from emulsifying.

If it was my pump gearbox I would put ep 90 in it. If it does foam up it will soon flow out the breather and let you know.

Sae 20 is a very thin oil in the pump maybe worth talking to a shop that services pressure washers.

I need to change the oil in a reduction gearbox on a pressure washer I've just serviced the pump on. I've had a look on line and the manual says use SA90 non foaming oil, well, I can't find it. Is this oil known by any other name/number?

Ta.

t4Ke a tRip d0Wn two yaw nEerest maReener e6g.

Lucas Oil UK - Synthetic SAE 75W-90 M8 Marine Gear Oil

bOd

What's the difference between GL-4 and GL-5? ....I've just put GL-5 in the travel reduction gear on a mini digger but the manual specifies GL-4. Should I change it again? (80/90w)

Tried searching on the internet but the advice is very varied and not sure what to believe??

cheers, steve

What's the difference between GL-4 and GL-5? ....I've just put GL-5 in the travel reduction gear on a mini digger but the manual specifies GL-4. Should I change it again? (80/90w)

Tried searching on the internet but the advice is very varied and not sure what to believe??

cheers, steve

GL-5 will kill travel reduction gear that is specked for GL-4 in a matter of days.

I'd go out right now and change it.