entec 1999 two speed switch?

dig-dug-dan

Anyone familiar with the switch that is supposed to control the speed of the infeed rollers?

Its the only thing I cannot seem to get to work on the machine I have refurbed, and it bugs me.

is it a solenoid or something I need to replace? A relay? And if so, which one?

The guy who used to own it said it used to work, but would occasionally squeal at him if he tried to change it under load.

I'd really like to know answer to this too. I have another question about my Entec. Today, the bottom roller stopped working. In reverse it works, but going forward it doesn't. It was a very wet day and the chipper had been busy and working well until end of day problem started. Electrical problem perhaps? Any ideas how I can diagnose the problem and solve it?

I'd really like to know answer to this too. I have another question about my Entec. Today, the bottom roller stopped working. In reverse it works, but going forward it doesn't. It was a very wet day and the chipper had been busy and working well until end of day problem started. Electrical problem perhaps? Any ideas how I can diagnose the problem and solve it?[/quote

I am not familiar with the machine but generally with this kind of fault I would approach it as follows.

Presumably you have two solenoids controlling the oil feed, one for forward and one for reverse.

As a start I would check both are powered when required.

If not check back through to the switch, a wiring diagram would be useful for this as there probably are relays etc in the circuit.

If you have power to both then it might be possible to swop forward and reverse solenoid coils. That will tell you if one has gone down. You can often see the end of the valve moving when the solenoid is activated so check this and the valve for sticking.

I'd really like to know answer to this too. I have another question about my Entec. Today, the bottom roller stopped working. In reverse it works, but going forward it doesn't. It was a very wet day and the chipper had been busy and working well until end of day problem started. Electrical problem perhaps? Any ideas how I can diagnose the problem and solve it?[/quote

I am not familiar with the machine but generally with this kind of fault I would approach it as follows.

Presumably you have two solenoids controlling the oil feed, one for forward and one for reverse.

As a start I would check both are powered when required.

If not check back through to the switch, a wiring diagram would be useful for this as there probably are relays etc in the circuit.

If you have power to both then it might be possible to swop forward and reverse solenoid coils. That will tell you if one has gone down. You can often see the end of the valve moving when the solenoid is activated so check this and the valve for sticking.

Sounds like a llose wire going to the solenoid to me. Do whats suggested above in the first instance

I've never known any timberwolf or entec chippers that you can adjust the roller speed on. Could be wrong though. I've got wiring attached to the feed funnel (underneath)but that just effects the emergency stop bar. And on the top for the forward, stop and energancy stop button. No switch though. Mines entec ch25ph. May 2001

I've never known any timberwolf or entec chippers that you can adjust the roller speed on. Could be wrong though. I've got wiring attached to the feed funnel (underneath)but that just effects the emergency stop bar. And on the top for the forward, stop and energancy stop button. No switch though. Mines entec ch25ph. May 2001

I have the same wiring as you, but an extra switch on the right hand side of the funnel, which used to say "roller speed, fast and slow"