Greemech 15 23

basilbrush

Just thought I would ask the question, has anyone had any problems with the axle of their greenmech chipper. After leaving site last week I lost the drivers side wheel while doing about 40mph. As you can see from the picture the stub shaft failed.

The chipper is 750kg and the axle rated at 850kg, I have now upgraded to 1350kg. Two local arborists have other models both Greenmech and although they didn't have a wheel come off they both have had issues, cracked welds on the axle and the wheels start to point inwards ie the rubber grommets inside the box section behind the wheel hubs failing.

Don't get me wrong this chipper is amazing for its size and apart from the key snapping inside the key barrel (this has happened twice in 18 month ) i have no problem with it , just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this or its one of those things. Luckily no one was hurt or property damaged when the accident happened.

WP_20161122_13_59_58_Pro.jpg.fee0704da3eeae07a90d441f57bfc24f.jpg

Well tbh I bought this 2nd hand so cant comment on how it was driven with the previous owner so this could be the reason , it does bounce a lot though at low speeds ..... the new axle seems to have cured this. Any one had problems with the starter key breaking ?

Yes, years ago.

A new barrel was a stupid price and I was told by a 'now defunct' dealer that all keys are the same. I've been using a tea spoon for 5 years now (the old key broke off in the barrel). and spare 'keys' are literally 10 a penny.

Well tbh I bought this 2nd hand so cant comment on how it was driven with the previous owner so this could be the reason , it does bounce a lot though at low speeds ..... the new axle seems to have cured this. Any one had problems with the starter key breaking ?

Doesn't the key only break as a result of it being left in the ignition and then breaking when you open or close the bonnet....?