Help please with my back pack blower

padman

I have a Hyundia HYB60 backpack blower, it is about 16 months old from new and it has lost its blow :)

Just does not blow like it used to - any ideas what may have caused this please or what should I try.

It seems to fade when I press the throttle, does not increase speed.

Paul

It gets used ONCE a month on ONE job. Its what I bought it for. I find these back back blowers to big and cumbersome for most of my work.

I use the stihl hand held ones for every day use.

12 months warranty so out now :(

Probably plastic parts that have worn, I know someone who works for genpower (think it's called that) who import them & was looking forward to a hefty discount up until I saw the amount of kit which had been returned awaiting appraisal under warranty, most of it didn't look like it had been used much either.

Buy another one, send it back with new receipt, get replacement & keep it till the new one gives up the ghost :D

If the saw will idle but wont pick up to full revs which I think you are saying, you have issues with full speed fuel delivery and will need to check the fuel pipe, fuel filter and go though the carb to see where the issue is.

Worth also checking the exhaust port is clear of carbon and the exhaust is free flowwing, common on really small 2T engines that aren't used flat out all the time.

I often think when I read these threads "why don't you take it to the shop?"

Because that costs money and time. It's a 2 week lead time at my local shop. Tool out of action for a while is not good for a small business. I fix everything myself as I can't afford the downtime. Forums like this are a great place for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Because that costs money and time. It's a 2 week lead time at my local shop. Tool out of action for a while is not good for a small business. I fix everything myself as I can't afford the downtime. Forums like this are a great place for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If it's used one a month two week down time isn't an issue really.

Even less when you have a handheld backup.