Tractor electrics to manual?

MattyF

I seem to remember a while back in the Forestry journal wilsons offering this conversion for valtra forestry tractors to simplify them , has any body tried this or have an idea of the cost or how easy it would be to get rid of electrics and convert to manual engagement.

Wilsons did it. It was an older Valmet rather one of the new ANTS series Valtras. I doubt the new gen would take a manual conversion.

Not sure why you would want to do it. Once you have a good belly plate on the tractor most of all of the sensors and electrics are protected.

I for one like diff lock/4wd being on buttons rather than clunky leavers. On and off on a key and not a manual fuel cut off.

Ours is an 92 6400 valmet , it's pretty frustrating being let down by intermittent electric problems, would rather have just a lever for the pto , the other switches don't seem to be a problem.

Had to bypass all this computer monitored malarky on both the Massey`s. there are so many gizmo`s that can interfere with the hydraulics operating correctly on these tractors. Even the alternator having a mad five minutes will kill the hydraulics. I left all the standard wiring in place and hard wired the lift arms and pto solenoids to the origial switches.The rest of the tractor is still on the computor but the important bit is off it, no problems since and one of them is on 16000 hours now.

Bob