Couriers are a disgrace!

TimberCutterDartmoor

I think with the exception of a few premium company's, the rest are a complete nightmare. UKMail - email stating est delivery between 12:50 and 13:50, which I am in to receive. Text option selected - when one drop away...

No text, no call at door, no card thru the letterbox...

AND YET

the online tracking says "Attempted delivery at 13:07"

Total Barstewards Grrrrr

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the exception of a few premium company's, the rest are a complete nightmare. UKMail - email stating est delivery between 12:50 and 13:50, which I am in to receive. Text option selected - when one drop away...

No text, no call at door, no card thru the letterbox...

AND YET

the online tracking says "Attempted delivery at 13:07"

Total Barstewards Grrrrr

Plain and simple its a 'kin lie .

Some are dreadful, post office being the worst. At Christmas they threw a parcel marked fragile over the side gate and no note through the door so it sat there for 3-4 days at a guess in the rain and it was photos for Xmas presents 😡 totally ruined

The answer is when we all as a consumer have something delivered we want to pay little or nothing. This means couriers and drivers are under immense pressure to achieve large numbers of drops, possibly 200 in a day. Couple that to paying drivers minimum wages or even using agency drivers and corners will be cut. A 10kg box is down to little over £3 in some cases.

Our business has learnt to stick to quality carriers and only use APC, problems are minimal and easily sorted.

Uk fail are the worst the driver dropped my parcel next door which is 500meters away and they didn't know and wasn't till I questioned vendor etc did we find out where it was !!

I suspect the drivers for ukmail have a problem meeting quota as we have several deliveries fail because of no access to deliver, our yard is manned 6:00-18:00 each day.

Their tracking system gets manipulated too, we had a parcel which was marked as signed for by "martin" at 10:34 one day. No one here called Martin so I checked the video for 10:-11:00 no sign of any deliveries. Walking about the yard I found the parcel in the car park, checked the cameras again and Ukmail driver arrives at 9:30 , drops the package and drives off with his rear door swinging, brakes at the road entrance which shuts the door and proceeds onward.

Oddly enough I have good service from our local Hermes lady for outgoing stuff, she seems to collect and deliver in her own 4wd.

Wife was in looking out the window and delivery driver pulls up writes something got out van walked up to house with the sorry you weren't in note and stuffed it into letter box, wife opens door as he was getting into van nd he just waved and drove off. I called and complained which was a waste of time but got it delivered the next day ok.