Coeliac disease

slim reaper

Any fellow sufferers out there may be interested that Aldi had a gluten free display of items when I went in today . They had Genius bread and porridge oats at very good prices as well as biscuits, cake mixes spaghetti etc.

It appears to be a trial to see how things sell so I stocked up on items with a good shelf life in case the trial fails.:001_smile:

Apparently I,m not Coeliac.....

I had the test because I had a period when I cut out Gluten completely. Within a few days I started feeling totally different, bowel habits totally changed for the good, bloating stopped. Then after about a week I felt physically better and mentally better, more energy the lot.

I then fell of the wagon and things have slipped back to how they were. I can't understand why it has such a dramatic effect if I,m not Coeliac ??

Apparently I,m not Coeliac.....

I had the test because I had a period when I cut out Gluten completely. Within a few days I started feeling totally different, bowel habits totally changed for the good, bloating stopped. Then after about a week I felt physically better and mentally better, more energy the lot.

I then fell of the wagon and things have slipped back to how they were. I can't understand why it has such a dramatic effect if I,m not Coeliac ??

I just don't think Gluten is particularly good for anyone Dean, but some people are more tolerant of it than others. In your case it makes you feel a bit crap, is a coeliacs case it makes them feel positively ill

I suffered 30 years, taking acid reflux pills and potions, cameras' up and down,several times, then I had a biopsy of the small intestine while the camera was down .That was 5 years ago and haven't taken any meds since, downside is , I can't drink beer ☹

Edited by slim reaper

My Mrs is gluten free and dairy free. She does a lot of baking and her stuff sells really well in a cafe she bakes for.

Imo her cakes are better than ones with gluten and egg in.(I can't stand most free from products) She says that this country is decades behind the US (she's American) in catering for people with food allergies.

A lot of food tech people recon that GM crops in the US are linked to the rise in numbers of people in the US with food allergies.

Something to watch out for over here I guess.

downside is , I can't drink beer ☹

Wold Top Brewery near Scarborough do a couple of Gluten free Beers that actually taste good :thumbup1:

Not sure if they do mail order but I have seen it in supermarkets that aren't particularly local so it might be easy enough to find. I think one's called "against the grain" and the other is "Scarborough Fair"

Mum's a Coeliac and I'm supposed to get tested but never managed to get round to it. Definitely feel better for eating less gluten when I can but I think everyone does.