Absolutely gutted

gand

Just heard some sad news. Just heard that a work colleague of mine has died! His name was Mick Creighton, and has been working in the industry since the 70's. I've been working with him on and off for 14 years and he became like family. He taught me a lot about felling big trees and his experience will be well missed. My thoughts go out to his family! R.I.P Mick

Yeah not to bad cheers. Don't think it's really sunk in yet. He used fell trees up Scotland back in the day. Doing thinning and clearings before they had all the "big" machinery he knew how a tree needed to be removed whether it be climbed or felled, even though he never climbed himself. As a sideline he had a Christmas tree plantation, and also started producing cider using local apples. It's a very good tipple

So sorry for you Gand my friend...sounds like he influenced you a great deal.it's good that you have shared his memory on here and now he has become a legend in the tree world...wish i could taste this Cizzer...hopefully catch up at the Arbshow or APF Mate

Yeah not to bad cheers. Don't think it's really sunk in yet. He used fell trees up Scotland back in the day. Doing thinning and clearings before they had all the "big" machinery he knew how a tree needed to be removed whether it be climbed or felled, even though he never climbed himself. As a sideline he had a Christmas tree plantation, and also started producing cider using local apples. It's a very good tipple

Wow hold on a minute! Mick, asin who had a nursery and christmas tree plantation in west bradford? Then knocked it on the head and started doing his own cider? :(

Wow hold on a minute! Mick, asin who had a nursery and christmas tree plantation in west bradford? Then knocked it on the head and started doing his own cider? :(

That's the one. He still did the Christmas trees but was heavily dedicated to the cider business

Absolutley gutted! Really nice genuine chap! Dealt with him only a few times over the last 10 years or so but always a pleasure. I remember him getting the cider equiptment.

Gutted :( id say he wasnt even tht old! Nearly 60 or just over?