PPI calls

Steve Bullman

They are getting cleverer it seems. I rarely pick up my phone to anyone these days if I don't recognize the number, but I just had an incoming call from a number with a local area code so I answered it. Was a PPI call as usual. Is there by chance a company local to me offering this or are they now routing all their calls through a local exchange?

They have been routing calls through local numbers here for some years now, crafty beggars.

We have around 2000 local customers on our database and obviously advertise locally so of course we answer local calls. Getting right fed up with it now.

I answer all calls, I always have, if I don't want to listen to or talk to the caller I simply hang up.

My wife has a thing about not answering "no caller id" calls, one day her phone was ringing, she would not answer it, I answered it and it was the hospital with very important information about our daughter.

They use voip to get the area code right.

If you know your local numbers though you can normally still tell.

My area code is 01353, the call I got today was from 01353 374 870, 374 isn't used for any local areas, just like my business virtual number which is 809. Occasional a customer will notice, but it's pretty unusual.

I've been home today and answered the phone a couple of times - unusually.

Done a lot of swearing!

Had one try and tell me she wasn't wasting my time, it was really important because I had a problem with my Microsoft PC.... FO I'm on AppleMac seemed to cause some offence and she tried to lambast me for unacceptable language and the threat of terminating the call.

Good, FO and don't call again didn't go down particularly well but made me chuckle......