Husqvarna 365

john andrews

365 is a very old saw Doubt if you will find any still running today . 365 special is basically the bottom end of the old 372XP with a the smaller pot and piston and slightely slower revving . So a bullit proof belt and braces , bread and butter saw . Plenty still running . The new 365XT has the new 70cc Xtorque motor and can easely be converted to become 372 XT buy removing the fins in the inside of the transfer covers . These new XT saws seem to start better without using the decomp . Out of all the above I would choose the 365special . :001_smile:

Hi

As per Stubby although I wouldnt be surprised if theres a sprinkling of the earlier 65cc 365s still running. The latter model is 365xt without autotune.

I have the 365xt its a good saw, I dont experience similar start problems to others although as posted the decomp valve is left shut.

I find that 2 or 3 pulls with choke out - then once it starts to fire, choke in & it useually starts up next pull.

Its a good cutter on 20" so on 18" or less it should fly.

N

I've got two 365 Special's that run n cut great.

They love high octane racing fuel n silver bottled Stihl mix.

True work horses! Both run 20 inch bars with ease!

One of the best light medium worksaws ever IMO.

Jomoco