BSL Land Registration

renewablejohn

Is anyone else having problems with BSL in respect of Land Registration. I registered on the BSL register months ago with no problem for the supply of woodchip which according to the rules is exempt from Land Registration due to the fact that its 100% Arb Arisings.

To explain my logic all my arb arising less than 12 inch diameter is processed through my log processor and converted into split logs. Anything above 12 inch is put through the rack saw and planked, The off cuts and bark are then chipped hence the registration of woodchip from Sawmill offcuts and slabwood.

Seems BSL interpret Sawmill offcuts is only from roundwood which has to have a Land registration.

I give up

Is anyone else having problems with BSL in respect of Land Registration. I registered on the BSL register months ago with no problem for the supply of woodchip which according to the rules is exempt from Land Registration due to the fact that its 100% Arb Arisings.

To explain my logic all my arb arising less than 12 inch diameter is processed through my log processor and converted into split logs. Anything above 12 inch is put through the rack saw and planked, The off cuts and bark are then chipped hence the registration of woodchip from Sawmill offcuts and slabwood.

Seems BSL interpret Sawmill offcuts is only from roundwood which has to have a Land registration.

I give up

Its not been made easy by the slightly different words that are used by the various parties involved, arb arisings = waste, oh no sir that would be Virgin Timber 9/5/14,

Biomass Energy Centre, "Since October 2007 EA has declared that virgin wood residues are no longer classified as waste"

However they (arb arisings) are deemed sustainable, so luckily no one is doing someone out of change or running a scam, but when you are sawing a thick fog appears, all of the round timber turns into planks and on the following day, before the fog lifts, you can throw some "old conifer bits" through the chipper

• 2 weeks later...

And so the saga of these idiots goes on. Looks like I am going to lose my registration because I have not sent in a valid land registration. But sir I protest I have sent in my land registration but I dont have any bits of paper because all my timber is from arb arisings and is therefore exempt.

Its now gone beyond a joke so off to my MP to make a formal complaint against these incompetent idiots.

Edited by renewablejohn

I was asked to file a land registratiom. Didn't understand a word of it, so didn't bother. That was about 6 months ago and haven't heard a thing since. I think if you dont make to much noise you can fly under the radar with these people.

I had the same thought process until the email came to say I was x months late filing my land registration. You have a choice either file online or in 2 weeks time you will be struck off the BSL register. Seems to focus the mind but then the bullshit red tape starts as it seems to have all be designed by Confor on the basis all wood is sourced from managed woodland even though the legislation says different.