What's the best way of securing Land Rover 90)110)130 to try stop them being nicked

mendiplogs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these a lot John, but have a TDCi and they don't do them for it yet.

[ame]

[/ame]

I've just got a Disklock for the Steering Wheel, which is visible to idiots, but the professionals will take it no matter what.

I actually foiled the theft of my current 90, when we came out of a cafe to see our travelling friends reverse a 7.5 tonne hook loader within inches of the front bumper with the hook poised, just as the Tree Surgeon branded transit came around the corner to act as the vehicle behind when they simply hooked the front bumper and dragged it off!

To say there was a bit of a stand off was an underestimate, as everyone knew what was going on, and both sides were looking for the touch paper to get lit!

They simply drove off, but that is how easy it is if you have the face to simply drag someones vehicle off at high speed until you get it out of sight and sort it out.

Eddie.

I like these a lot John, but have a TDCi and they don't do them for it yet.

I've just got a Disklock for the Steering Wheel, which is visible to idiots, but the professionals will take it no matter what.

I actually foiled the theft of my current 90, when we came out of a cafe to see our travelling friends reverse a 7.5 tonne hook loader within inches of the front bumper with the hook poised, just as the Tree Surgeon branded transit came around the corner to act as the vehicle behind when they simply hooked the front bumper and dragged it off!

To say there was a bit of a stand off was an underestimate, as everyone knew what was going on, and both sides were looking for the touch paper to get lit!

They simply drove off, but that is how easy it is if you have the face to simply drag someones vehicle off at high speed until you get it out of sight and sort it out.

Eddie.

Hi Eddie if you like one made I no a chap make one thanks Jon

Iv got a line locker on my 110 cherry picker it's a device that lazy boy racers use to do "burn outs" in RWD motors as thay can't master toe n hill !! Cheep and very effective all you do it put your foot on the brake and peas the button that's it job done until you press button again to release so it's like an electronic hand brake, the boy racers just hook it up to the front but mines hooked up to all 4

So starting it won't work, towing it won't work only way to take it is lift it or cut brake lines but it will definitely slow thieves down :thumbup1: