Which lowering device?

jeanesy

After some opinions please fellas.

Looking at getting a lowering kit and can't decide on the rc2001 bollard or rcw3001. Have access to a Hobbs if I need it so I'm erring towards the 2001 for a nice lightweight option.

Also 16 or 14mm Sirius?

I'll be taking it with me while freelancing and using it in my own jobs. Any thoughts?

put a rigging kit together recently myself, same kind of set up as the rc2001 with 14mm sirius and a small isc pulley also a pinto loopie for redirect.

the only thing id change is the rope seems to stretch alot more than other ropes ive used and you need to tie a stopper knot and smooth the rope out before you untie it after use. i didn't do this and lost the core in the sleeve.

i also went for the treeup bollard only £150 so less money than the stein but only rated at 15kn wll and will only take 14mm rope.

hope this helps

You won't go wrong with either to be fair mate, if it's compact lightweight your looking for then yeah the 2001 has all the right moves! The mm in rope difference you have again is down to personal preference. If it was myself I'd get the 2001 and spend what you'll save extra on a better rope. Yale double braid or Samson stable braid are a much better choice. Again in either 14/16mm :)

Alright Daddio!

I have the Stein 2 ton fixed bollard, can't remember the name. Works pretty sweet and use a 16mm polydine for most things.

Yes you can take some decent sized bits with that combo. The only restriction is the actual size of the bollard. You'd be hard pressed to get more than 3 wraps on it. Tbh it is usually max 2 wraps and those pictures few are pretty large.

Remember, big chunks make big hunks mate!

Alright Daddio!

I have the Stein 2 ton fixed bollard, can't remember the name. Works pretty sweet and use a 16mm polydine for most things.

Yes you can take some decent sized bits with that combo. The only restriction is the actual size of the bollard. You'd be hard pressed to get more than 3 wraps on it. Tbh it is usually max 2 wraps and those pictures few are pretty large.

Remember, big chunks make big hunks mate!

Hiya bud.

Nice one, was gonna message you with same question. Who did you get your polydyne off?

You reckon you'd get another wrap with 14mm?

Hiya bud.

Nice one, was gonna message you with same question. Who did you get your polydyne off?

You reckon you'd get another wrap with 14mm?

Doubt you will ever need more than 3 wraps ....

If you needed one more wrap on 14mm rope some thing in the system would probably give negative rigging...

I'll use the 3001 or a Hobbs style device for heavy rigging on 16mm rarely a 19mm.

13mm and a portawrap for light stuff it's pretty amazing what you can get away with on that light set up if your not Heavy negative rigging.