Stiga SBC 645KD Brushcutter

huskydusky

45cc Kawasaki engine, bike handle, straight shaft with low vibe mounting.

8.9 kg. vibe figures of 3.54/3.70 m/s

normal 'on-line price from Stiga £389, so £320 is a good call

How does it compare to the equivalent Stihl Husqvarna offerings?

Build quality?

Parts availability?

Thanks

Edited by huskydusky

Although I am a Stiga dealer (for mowers), I do not yet sell their handheld product ( I sell Tanaka), so cannot speak from experience.

But I have seen the machines at dealer days and they seem OK.

They are half the price of the equivalent spec Stihl/Huskie, and they have a 5yr domestic warranty, but more importantly they carry a 2 year commercial warranty. And of course the engine is every bit as good, if not better than the Stihl/Huskie offerings.

Why not try one and give us all your feedback?

Although I am a Stiga dealer (for mowers), I do not yet sell their handheld product ( I sell Tanaka), so cannot speak from experience.

But I have seen the machines at dealer days and they seem OK.

They are half the price of the equivalent spec Stihl/Huskie, and they have a 5yr domestic warranty, but more importantly they carry a 2 year commercial warranty. And of course the engine is every bit as good, if not better than the Stihl/Huskie offerings.

Why not try one and give us all your feedback?

Any idea what make carb they use in these?

Been told it's a WYA and a load of numbers on the end?

Any idea what make carb they use in these?

Been told it's a WYA and a load of numbers on the end?

I have not had a carb off one myself, but looking at the parts list it does look like a Walbro rotary valve carb with twin inlet strato charging.

I had a chat with the rep following the reading of this thread last week. He knows I only like to sell very high quality kit, and would not encourage me to take something if he was not happy with it. But he is 100% behind these Kawasaki powered machines. They apparently have a fair few in local authority work and they are performing extremely well.

For now I am sticking with Tanaka in my showroom, but if I have need of a slightly cheaper machine for someone who wont stretch to Tanaka then I will happily get them a Stiga now that I know a bit more about them.

I have not had a carb off one myself, but looking at the parts list it does look like a Walbro rotary valve carb with twin inlet strato charging.

I had a chat with the rep following the reading of this thread last week. He knows I only like to sell very high quality kit, and would not encourage me to take something if he was not happy with it. But he is 100% behind these Kawasaki powered machines. They apparently have a fair few in local authority work and they are performing extremely well.

For now I am sticking with Tanaka in my showroom, but if I have need of a slightly cheaper machine for someone who wont stretch to Tanaka then I will happily get them a Stiga now that I know a bit more about them.

Thanks for your input. Just to complicate matters further was shown a Efco 4300TL today (£400) felt good,well built,and seemed lighter than the husky and stihl equivalents.

Thanks for your input. Just to complicate matters further was shown a Efco 4300TL today (£400) felt good,well built,and seemed lighter than the husky and stihl equivalents.

Sometimes the success of a machine is not so much down to the brand name on the sticker, but to the relationship between the user and the dealer.

So if you are the sort of guy that may need a dealers help from time to time then firstly choose your dealer, then choose a machine that he is happy to supply for your application.

What's the the difference then between the Tanaka equivalent and the the Stiga besides the price?

As i live in a very rural area choice is somewhat limited!:thumbdown:

Thanks

Just from specs, not a lot. But spec alone can be misleading.

The Tanaka is a lot more dosh (my price £565 for the 4200DLV with the upgrade 6" UltraA6 2 line head) but it is genuine Japanese throughout. Also 5yr warranty for domestic and 2yr for Pro use.

I just like Tanaka, have been selling it since 1990 and had very few issues. But, granted, not everyone wants to spend that much.