botex 560 tree shear ???

njtimber

Hi Nick, i always fancied a tree shear when i had tractors and cranes. I always likes the Patu and the Narva Grip. I have watched so many utube videos of them. i dont think you would go far wrong with 1 but realistically you will be ltd to 8" cut with the weight of the head. The guy who writes in the FT Magazine , Nick someone put a harvester head on his, i remember reading the article a couple of years back. Is that you :)

i am after 1 for my 7 tonner when job and funds allow.

look good in the vids but be careful get working demo or set up by supplier 1st. can be heavy on end of crane but in right situation a good bit of kit, other option is just the simple blade added to a grapple head and cuts as you close the grapple

narva3.jpg.e19f745e12e8a34579ce38c71d1c4565.jpg

narva2.jpg.604b3145e0e7a2f5d94a59169244bc7a.jpg

narva1.jpg.a56e2b834b1bcbf4a079fcc3d84f77d0.jpg

Hi Folks,

I lighter, more compact alternative that can cut up to 18" diameter would be the Hypro FG45 Felling Grapple. It features an automatic tilt function that auto tilts up when the grab is fully open and auto tilts back down when the saw returns to the home position. It is only 140kg and can be used on bunches of small diameter trees right up to 18" trees. It also is used as a standard grapple when you dont need the saw function so it is very versatile

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

• 1 year later...