Sugihara chainsaw bars now landed... lots of them so T540XP bars first!

Rob D

Finally the new order of Sugi bars has landed and we are still going through them all... There are a host of new options and new bars. All the bars marked 'PRE ORDER' on the Chainsawbars ? chainsaw chains, chainsaw bars and chainsaw accessories website are in stock (I think only the 24" pro for large Husky is out of stock).

Everyone has been asking about the bars for the T540XP - they are now in and free multi tool with every bar ordered this week.

Lots of new options for different saws are also available ie. new multi mount bars, 1/4" sprocket nose bars, 3/8 lo pro bars for mid sized saws, new carving bars... too hard and confusing to list on the CSB website so feel free to ask. There will be a new Sugi website launched shortly which will have every Sugi bar in the range.

csb-300dpi-rgb.120809.jpg

New range of Sugihara bars for Husqvarna 540XP now here!

Finally the new (massive!) shipment of Sugi bars has arrived. It has taken a full week just to unbox! There are so many new options and combinations that to fit them into one newsletter would not be practical. So a series of newsletters will drip feed the info in bite sized pieces.

Bars for Husky 540XP

These have been the most sought after bars. We now supply these in both pro lam 12",14",16" and also light type 12",14",16".

sugii.220921.jpeg

Range for T540XP

You can buy from the bar selector at

www.chainsawbars.co.uk and simply put in T540XP as an option (it is at the very bottom of the list).

image2.221715.jpeg

image5.221813.jpeg

Free multi tool with every bar purchased!

Get a free multi tool with every bar you buy for the next 7 days! Worth £15-00 inc vat.

image3.222030.jpeg

Sugi multi tool

Best looking bar I've ever seen.

More seriously though, how much do they weigh? It's the "lo-pro" 14 inch bar for the Husqvarna T540XP I was looking at. It's promoted for its low weight but it's not specified anywhere.I'm always looking at how to save some weight from what I have to carry up trees.

I'll be comparing it with the Husqvarna chainsaw bar which weighs 540 grams, by the way.

Also, are the lighter bars weaker? Are there any guarantees with these, by any chance?

More seriously though, how much do they weigh? It's the "lo-pro" 14 inch bar for the Husqvarna T540XP I was looking at. It's promoted for its low weight but it's not specified anywhere.I'm always looking at how to save some weight from what I have to carry up trees.

I'll be comparing it with the Husqvarna chainsaw bar which weighs 540 grams, by the way.

Also, are the lighter bars weaker? Are there any guarantees with these, by any chance?

If its of any use I now ,( when the 14" T540 comes ) run all my saws with the Sugi pro lighte bars . 36" 28" 24" 18" 15" and now 14" . I find them noticably lighter than the standard bars and very well engineered with substansionally less woek needed dressing the burrs etc . I am not in the pay of Sugihara just my obsevations :001_smile:

Hi Rob, used my 540 with the new pro lite 14". It's so much better than the husky techlite12". Better balanced and not so twitchy in the cut.

Also used my new 18" pro lite on the 560. Really impressed with the balance and feel of it.

A big thumbs up..

Thanks

Timon

I need to do more of the weights (when time permits! :blushing:).

The laminated versions although marked as lightweight are still built more on the 'strong' side for durability and are actually heavier than some of the light type bars (as described below).

The light type bars have sections CNC'd out then filled with resin. The durability of a single solid piece bar is maintained, a smidge of stiffness is lost but weight is reduced by up to 30% (this reduction varies bar to bar).

They look nice but they also 'feel' very nice to use...

Was having a go bore cutting with a 20" pro lam bar last week - this runs a 3/8 lo pro chain and was using Oregon 91vxl. Slightly smaller nose and kickback was very much reduced even when pushing the tip at the wood - also very easy to control in the wood... (this on an Echo 620SX which I didn't like much at first but now it's had a few tanks through it is prob on of the nicest running saws I've ever had).

Lots of new Sugi bars will run 3/8 lo pro and even 1/4" pitch on larger saws (not recommended on the 560XP since the way the power is delivered puts more strain on the chain). Also got a couple of very small sprocket nose bars (8" and 10") to run on the Echo 280WES.

Next order there will actually be some 1/4" light type replaceable sprocket nose bars....

:biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Thanks, have been looking for narrow kerf bars and chains in the UK (my two husky 346xp's were purchased from the Us and came with these as standard). Ordered a couple and looks like I could learn a lot by spending some time on this site.

Thanks, have been looking for narrow kerf bars and chains in the UK (my two husky 346xp's were purchased from the Us and came with these as standard). Ordered a couple and looks like I could learn a lot by spending some time on this site.

Yes - in fact Arbtalk is prob (by far) the most valuable contribution to the arb industry in the UK (and possibly further afield) - there is :biggrin:

Also I am just doing another thread on the new GB lo pro rims I have just had in - not applicable to your Husky 346 - these have the SM internal rims - so easy to run 3/8 lo pro.

But we now have the 3/8 lo pro rims with a ST internal - to my knowledge these are unique.

:biggrin: