Husqvarna 435 heading for bin!

MonsterMonster

I bought a Husqvarna 435 brand new a few years ago off web. So far I've got through three plastic pull-cord pulleys and very little oil. The pulley tends to break apart at the same point where it catches the metal flippy things that turn the crank. I pull the cord cleanly without jerking it but it is a pain to start. Easystart is not!

As for oil it only gets through about one tank of oil to three fuel fills if I'm lucky. The bar gets hot. Have cleared bar, removed bar and checked oil is being pumped out. Mind you it dumps the bar oil out in copious amount when sat on floor upright.

Have been told that these machines went straight to internet sales as they weren't brilliant.

Has anyone else had any issues with these 435's and can anything be done? (Has fixed oil flow).

Bought cheap £70 Timber Pro and this P££ses all over the Husqvarna.

Edited by MonsterMonster

£70 for a new 435? Are you sure it's genuine? I had one a few years ago and it was a great small saw. Oiled well and had loads of power for a small saw. Never had any mechanical issues re the starter mech either. 435's weren't just for the net - they were sold by dealers too. Some of the Chinese imports are pretty similar to look at, so at £70, I'd say you have a dodgy one. May be worth checking the oiler as the sawdust can gunk up around that area.

I'm surprised you had so much trouble, mine has been a little trooper for a few years and only now does it need a little work. It's worth having it looked at because it should be a great little saw considering it only supposed to be a homeowner saw